PDA

View Full Version : New Player, Confuzzled a bit

Sand Gnomes
12-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Hello, just started playing this game today. Looks cool, the art is awesome and the system seems deep enough to give a fuck about.

Anyway, I started with a Rage character. I'm level 6 atm and I think I'm done with all the duties for today. Got my 2H weapon skill to 4 right now, didn't drop points into anything else yet. Got a 2h sword, so the strategy is slash, Activity level 4 and bloodlust 9. Seems to work pretty damn well. Upgraded my armory twice and now starting to see that gold isn't that... easy to come by in useful amounts.

Any tips for a newbieface?

Sand Gnomes
12-24-2012, 05:42 AM
To be more exact, what NOT to use money and points for, because of the lack of usefulness of that particular whatever.

Dainoji
12-24-2012, 06:07 AM
If you haven't already done so be sure to do all your fights in the black market's pit fights as you can earn a good amount of gold there. Be sure to read up on the guides here on the forums as those will help you a lot. Once you reach level 10 or around there you'll have the ability to challenge gladiators and if you win you get to steal a percentage of the gold they have not kept in the bank which will help you earn more gold. You should hit this in the next day or two. You'll want to expand your barracks so you have more than one gladiator as well which will give you more to do and earn you more gold.

Sand Gnomes
12-24-2012, 06:54 AM
If you haven't already done so be sure to do all your fights in the black market's pit fights as you can earn a good amount of gold there. Be sure to read up on the guides here on the forums as those will help you a lot. Once you reach level 10 or around there you'll have the ability to challenge gladiators and if you win you get to steal a percentage of the gold they have not kept in the bank which will help you earn more gold. You should hit this in the next day or two. You'll want to expand your barracks so you have more than one gladiator as well which will give you more to do and earn you more gold.

Black Market Pit Fights > Tavern? Or should I max out both, if I can every day? And I think I can challenge Gladiators already, pretty sure I did 8 fights in the arena against 'em. Unless you mean challenge a specific glad.

Anyway, I'd like to try to stay away from guides as that ruins a lot of the fun, I'd just like to know what is completely useless so I wouldn't drop stuff into, because it sounds cool.

Apoca1ypse
12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
max out on tavern as it gives training points. black market fights are extras to do afterwards if you need the gold.

biggest tip is to get your weapon skill up to lvl 8 at the very least before branching out.