PDA

View Full Version : Race Balance & Tweaks

Nate
12-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Along with the new skill trees a balancing pass on the races has also taken place which will be part of the same update as the skill trees. Please see below for the more notable changes:

Elaar
Ancient and wise, the Elaarans have long been feared for there supernatural reputation as the first children of the Blood Gods. Extremely agile and deft with years of experience protecting their lands has helped see more than one Elaaran sit atop the champion's throne!
Bonus: Armour Penetration
Bonus: Crit Effects Resistance
Penalty: Less Health

Trug
More monster than anything else, Trugs are vile, cruel creatures with no value for life. Extremely lazy and ill-tempered, were it not for their ability to crush all that stands in their way most Stable Masters wouldn't deal with them. Habits like eating their vanquished opponents or dismembering them only to throw the pieces into the crowd as prizes has made them one of the most talked about gladiators in the arena.
Bonus: Bleeding Resistance
Bonus: Extra Health
Penalty: Slow Initiative

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
12-19-2012, 03:39 AM
No changes for the stun machine Spites (extra critical effects)?

I think that everyone in the top 25 of the game will tell you they are the most overpowered race right now. Especially with Rage and Theatrics gladiator loosing access to iron jaw IF you want to have the Teir 5 talent on your gladiator.

Narol
12-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Interesting changes, now Elaars may start to be worth playing especially to counter tank war spites...

Btw, I agree with Cyn that Spites need a nerf too, it's not by accident that they are now the race with the most members in the Top 10 of Primus, ahead of Trugs...

CaineDeSoulis
12-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Considering none of us have played the post update skill tree yet. I'd say its a little earlier to be calling for a nerf. And considering most of the builds that inhabit the top 10 will be gone soon I'd like to add that it is of little concern whats happening now and to start looking towards the future.

Also. Since Trug is getting slow initiative is Dunder going to get Less Endurance?

crow
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Okay Nate we are ready for the next teaser!!!! Can I get an AMEN on this!!! :)

Alba Kebab
12-22-2012, 03:00 AM
AMEN!!!...

riggen
12-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Amen! Would love some clarification on whether Dunders get the Endurance penalty now too..

HipsterD
12-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Amen! Would love some clarification on whether Dunders get the Endurance penalty now too..

I think Nate would have mentioned it. I think the reason for the change in Trugs, is the shorter rounds (that are part of the future update) which would mean that Trugs would burn thorough their endurance at a relatively faster pace and make the race impossible to play...just a guess.

AngryVermin
12-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Shorter rounds... I guess I missed that. What is the summary on that?

riggen
12-23-2012, 05:18 AM
I guess that's supposed to be part of the combat engine changes. I hope our great Overlord will tell us more about this soon :D

Cynaidh
12-23-2012, 05:57 AM
I guess he is still hiding in his bomb shelter. :)

Been awhile now since the last update and we never did get the game engine update he said he was going to post that one day.

My guess on why trug's got changed from "Less Endurance" is that it was too easy to compensate for with the +15 endurance achievement, it was the only drawback that was that easy to remove. My guess is that no race will have "less endurance" again.

Nate
12-23-2012, 09:11 AM
No major changes happend to the other races other than minor tweaks to their advantages and disadvantages.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-