PDA

View Full Version : Common Knowledge?

Arkham
02-10-2011, 04:28 AM
It is common knowledge that trains across disciplines are more difficult than trains in your selected focus?

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I'm seeing something like 20% harder.

Team Kaos
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I have not really noticed, but I believe they pretty much work off your attributes. I have a War gladiator that soaks up Rage skills like a sponge due to his high strength which are the #1 attribute for most rage skills.

Jaradakar
02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
You are correct Arkham. My group has noticed this fact:

Training in a skill that has the exact same attribute requirements but is in your selected school and the other is outside, the outside skill will be harder to train by a small amount.

Just something to keep in mind and if you do play to have a cross disciple gladiator it will really behoove you to have a very smart one (I have a friend experimenting with this).

Team Kaos
02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
My group has noticed this fact

I would love to know what faction of managers are brainstorming together. Just out of curiosity.

Jaradakar
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
All of my real life friends who started playing the game ;-) We have an email thread that is fairly active :-)

I've got 4 of my old high school friends to start playing as well as a couple of my old role playing friends, in total there are 9 of us. Some are much more casual than others (trying hard not to spend money, while others don't mind spending a little).

Dainoji
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I haven't noticed other skills trees being harder to train, just harder when the attributes are different. If you guys are seeing actual evidence of this I wonder then if there is some kind of hidden attribute that gladiators have that affects this...

Blackwill
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Shadow is trying for level 5 in Create Distance (War tree...his native tree). He has a 97.5% chance (Strength and Intellect modifiers). He is also trying for level 4 in Brute Force (Rage tree...non-native), and has a 97.5% chance as well, with the only modifier difference being Size for Brute Force.

It does appear that attempting a skill outside of your native skill tree suffers a small penalty.

Arkham
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I haven't noticed other skills trees being harder to train, just harder when the attributes are different. If you guys are seeing actual evidence of this I wonder then if there is some kind of hidden attribute that gladiators have that affects this...

Abomination is learning Barreling Attack (Rage, strength, Int, Size). He is 80% through rank 4, and has a 47.7%.
Abomination is rank 5 at create distance (War, Strength, Int). He is 0% through. He has a 65.8% chance to train.
Abomination is a pretty large warrior. Size would be his highest attribute. I doubt it affects his skill raise much.

I give this for science :) As you see, there is a near 20% difference between the 2. Abom isn't the sharpest tack.