PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

sevenseas
12-09-2012, 07:14 AM
SILVER BACK tries to give up!!!
SILVER BACK lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
SILVER BACK tries to attack from the ground.
SILVER BACK spins his WYRDSTEEL BALL & CHAIN overhead before coming down with extraordinary force.
Heavy shot crushes SBJECTTHIRTYONE's shin sending bone fragments to adjacent areas...SBJECTTHIRTYONE looks to the Enforcer with puppy dog eyes! (+571 Damage)
• Stunned: 2 rounds
• Attack Power: -20 (5 rounds)
• Possible Knock Down

SBJECTTHIRTYONE hits the ground hard after that last hit!
SBJECTTHIRTYONE is bleeding from various wounds on her body!!
SILVER BACK attempts to strike from the ground.
SILVER BACK looks to hammer his adversary.
SILVER BACK jumps back after his attack is deftly parried.

This is fight # 1060 if anyone wants to see the whole thing, but i lost this match because guys are doing stuff they shouldn't be able to do...
My guys cant do anything when they're stunned...my guys cant do anything when they cannot defend and in close matches these little bugs are robbing my guys of wins that i think should be theirs.

I'm not bitching about this at the moment, it's just frustrating and it's disheartening:(

oedi
12-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Ive never considered these things as bugs, but as a way to tell you that a hit did zero damage. If its defense that reduces your hit youll get a line like that. stun dont actually take all your defense away just reduces it by a lot

Team Kaos
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Since I have never seen a true description of what any of the battle descriptors mean, one cannot assume "stunned" means a gladiator becomes a standing or lying pile of flesh just waiting to be pulverized. Heck, when signature move "blind" is in effect, I have seen countless times the foe defend himself just fine as well and watching a blinded Rage drop a last stand bomb while not being able to see. Now that is skill...hitting a fresh target while you cannot see...or maybe its just cant see that well.
Perhaps there are different levels of being stunned, just as there seem to be different levels of basically every descriptor in the game......a fighter or boxer in RL can still defend himself while being stunned, not as well as if he was clear headed but he can still raise his hands or weapon to ward off a death blow and in some cases well enough to make it through until he clears up.

Dainoji
12-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Exactly what Oedi and Kaos said. You seem to be taking things too literally like in your Can Not Defend thread. Can Not Defend says you can't defend properly, it doesn't say not at all. Stunned doesn't say you're an inanimate punching bag for the next round. Both of those effects however are still pretty debilitating.

Lunarion199
12-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Well, again, the description of 'Stun' reads: "The gladiator has been knocked senseless and is unable to attack until he snaps out of it.."
Could it mean that he cannot attack but can still defend?

sevenseas
12-10-2012, 02:15 AM
well i am unsure about alot of the definitions in this game....my guys get trounced on by even low end gladiators when under these effects, and when most of my glads have 1100 hp and only get 3-4 hits per fight...if two of them get taken away i'm screwed.

I'll admit i was a grouchy yesterday, i just wanted to talk about this to see if I'm getting hot under the collar for no reason.

Nate...i would love to hear your take on this one.

Nate
12-10-2012, 11:46 AM
A miss or blocked attack is either a bad hit on the attacker's part of a good defense on the defender's part or both. If you miss or have your attack blocked it is most likely one of those three reasons. If armour is the reason the attack was blocked you'll see it in purple text.

Things like can not defend or stunned are like the others are saying, they aren't absolute. Gladiator can still function at a reduced capacity in these states. Stunned and must defend however prevent the gladiator from attacking.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Team Kaos
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I'll admit i was a grouchy yesterday, i just wanted to talk about this to see if I'm getting hot under the collar for no reason.

No worries, we have all had some bitch out moments, I know there are plenty of threads packed with me moaning and groaning about a multitude of things.

No one likes watching their glad get the short end when they think they have the win in the bag.

Perhaps that is why I despise "Last Stand" with a fury that I don't think many can imagine.

sevenseas
12-11-2012, 03:20 AM
Perhaps that is why I despise "Last Stand" with a fury that I don't think many can imagine.

With me being a rage lover i cannot quite agree, because i see how often last stand won't do Sh!t unless the chemistry of the fight is just right...

You're gonna hate my guys... i think:cool:
Some of them have a build and strategy based on last stand...I hope we can still be friends:o