PDA

View Full Version : New slaves :))

Kastiel
12-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi guys, I just got the jackpot, look at these beauties ;)
http://i48.tinypic.com/fxrih.png
and I have those 2
http://i48.tinypic.com/2co5suq.png

So what you guys think ? I was thinking to change my first gladiator with the 992gold, or with 958 both are good, but hey the 3rd is not bad to :D or I can change both of my gladiators ? Maybe I can buy 1 more space for extra gladiator ? and this way I can buy the first and second slave ? but is it worth for them to buy extra space ? I'm playing without buying Trophies and not gonna start buying them ever, I only have 18 Trophies from quests and arenas and was saving them for expanding the inventory size to 2, need advice pls
Edit: and please tell me what race and speciality should make them :)

Team Kaos
12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Glad #1 is a nice pick up. Not great but pretty nice. Strength, agility and size are nice starting points. Whether you should buy 1 or 2, depends on what your running now. I am assuming both the #1 and #2 are higher end then what you have now from what you wrote. If they are dramatically better then go for both, but if #2 is just slightly better stick with your best current glad and go for #1 and drop your worse performer.
Nothing wrong with starting over with something you believe you can really make some noise with.

Just keep in mind, great gladiators are not born, they are built. I can't speak for these beast HOL monsters running around since I don't have one...and I have a hard time imagining what I could turn one into, but for regular slaves...unless you have a real dud, you can make the majority of them pretty competitive if you build and run them to their full potential.
My guys all had pretty lame starting skills..

Go with what makes you happy though..nothing wrong with experimenting, thats how you learn in this game. And there is always a better slave to come up eventually if you check the market everyday..maybe not tomorrow or next week, or even next month..but there will be a better one sometime down the road.

Kastiel
12-08-2012, 11:49 PM
So I buyed an extra slot for slave and made the first slave war and the second 1 rage and both are dunder, actually I choosed Urk for the rage but dont know why but it is dunder now ... maybe because I choosed dunder first for the war ...
So what kind weapons should use those 2 killers :) 2xmace for both ? and what kind rage and war those 2 will be best ? defensive,offensive,hybrid ?
I know I ask too much but I dont want to regret later
Thanks for the answers :)

Kastiel
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Anyone ? :rolleyes:

Dainoji
12-10-2012, 12:14 AM
There are lots of guides here on the forums that will answer almost all of your questions.

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?922-Player-Guides

There really isn't a wrong decision unless you go out of your way to make a terrible gladiator. If you are really curious on what might be some good options, go ahead and spend a few trophies on scouting reports on the top rage and war glads in Primus and check out what weapons they are using and what their build is. Keep in mind Nate is going to be releasing new skill trees in the near future so no matter what you do now it will be changing and if you make some poor decisions you'll be able to correct them when we all respec.

Kastiel
12-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Yes i know there are guides, but are they up to date ? I see few skills in these guides which dont exist in the game, and for choosing what to make our slave war,rage or theat, well in all guides everyone says str,stamina,agility,size high as possible, so this dont helps me to choose what to make my slaves, I just blind choose :( and the tactics are what troubles me most, too many options :( I know I need to try the tactics but it just, I dont understand 70% of them, I just go with aim head,bash, activity 4 ...

Team Kaos
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
First, make sure you truly read the entire fight..INCLUDING the Blow by Blow details. There is a wealth of information right in front of you if you carefully read the fights. Use the tavern fights as a practice for your strats. True, the opponents are weak and horrible but you can also see how your glad reacts to each type of fighter and adjust his speed, bloodlust, and tactics. Change out weapons too and even armor to see how your glad reacts.

Does he swing more, less, harder, more accurate, is he hitting where he is aiming or just hitting. Are they glancing blows or solid red blasts. Is he losing his weapon, fumbling it, thinking to much. Is he tiring to much or getting through the fight without breaking a sweat.
Can he defend himself if he is anything other then a rage or is he just a flesh bag to get raped. Can he hit with his off hand or is it utterly useless?
There are many different things you can pick up on in the fights and adjust and experiment with to see what works best for your glad. Don't be afraid to experiment its the only way to find what works best.

Many of the longtime managers stick with what works for them, because they have been doing it for a while now..but believe me..every single long time manager here changed and tinkered their builds, starts and gear set ups numerous times until they found something comfortable for them and something that worked.

Alba Kebab
12-14-2012, 05:17 AM
High Strength and Stamina good for going defensive, high agility/int good for going a 'skilled' parry/precision build, low stamina should always go for an offensive build, low intellect and presence should avoid being theatric, low strength should avoid being rage.

That's the general idea. :)