PDA

View Full Version : Tavern Fights

Arkham
02-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Tavern fights get a bit .. sad as you go up in ability. I find myself trying to use them as a measure for changing fight strategy, but it is hard when aggression 1 or 10 nets 100 point crits with most hits, and gladiators never miss. I suggest you have 3 levels of fights in the tavern, each with increasing rewards.

The first contract would remain as is. Easy. Rewards are for the patient.

The second contract is somewhere between a arena challenge and an easy contract. This is for the confident. Rewards would need to increase,as would the chance for failure, injury and death.

The third contract would be for the guys who think General Kain is a little school girl. Success would be a green or something similar. Loss would usually mean death or dismemberment.

Lunarion199
03-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Nice idea. I wonder why not read and commented by others.
The contracts may evan be of good, bad or neutral nature, and after seeing a trend, offering some plus and minus to a slave's performance!
- If a slave preferes to fulfil contracts to help someone, save someone etc. he may get favoured more by enforcer.
- A slave inclined to undertake contracts involing robbing someone, stealing something etc. may develop some cunning and thus be theatrical in arena, winning crowd and gold at ease.
- A slave taking pride in tavern contracts invloving hunting beasts and monsters may benefit by increase in his offense and defense in arena.

This may reward the players who choose tavern contracts wisely.

The contract may also have an expiry-time and a slave may retry it before it expires, if he fails in first attempt.