Nate
11-15-2012, 06:41 AM
http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/skillTreesSneakPeek3.jpg

RAGE (Tier 3)

Armour Movement
Passive
Requires Rage specialization.
Requires 30 trains in Rage skills.
Knowing how to move and fight in Light Armour reduces the penalty to your gladiator's Initiative for wearing it and also teaches them how to actively use it defensively to deflect and absorb incoming attacks.

Rampage
Activated (Offensive)
Requires Rage specialization.
Monstrous attack delivering flesh splattering fury and possibly early retirement to your gladiator's opponent.

Adrenaline Rush
Activated (Offensive)
The massive rush your gladiator experiences increases their pain tolerance and awards them the ability to resist a portion of all damage dealt to them for the duration of the effect.

War (Tier 3)

Armour Movement
Passive
Requires War specialization.
Requires 30 trains in War skills.
Knowing how to move and fight in Light, Medium or Heavy Armour reduces the penalty to your gladiator's Initiative for wearing it and also teaches them how to actively use it defensively to deflect and absorb incoming attacks.

Never Say Die
Activated (Defensive)
Requires War specialization.
Soldiers of the Great Realm never lose heart regardless of how bad the situation might be. If they should ever find themselves with less than half their health and losing the battle, they will fall back on their legendary discipline and be rewarded with increased health to continue fighting and the ability to reduce the debilitating effects of low heath and endurance!

War Cry
Activated (Offensive)
The armies of the Great Realm are known for their War Cry and it is said the Thunder God himself taught them. Your gladiator's War Cry is no different and has a chance to stun their opponent. If resisted, your gladiator's opponent might still find they are too shaken to defend themselves properly.

Theatrics (Tier 3)

Armour Movement
Passive
Requires Theatrics specialization.
Requires 30 trains in Theatrics skills.
Knowing how to move and fight in Light or Medium Armour reduces the penalty to your gladiator's Initiative for wearing it and also teaches them how to actively use it defensively to deflect and absorb incoming attacks.

Strength of the Crowd
Activated (Defensive)
Requires Theatrics specialization.
Taking each hit with a flourish your gladiator works the crowd into an orgy of thunderous applause giving them a bonus to their Attack Power and Defense for the duration of the effect.

Hamstring
Activated (Offensive)
Your gladiator will learn to humiliate and maim the enemy reducing the frequency of their attacks for the duration of the effect.

Cynaidh
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Omg the changes!!!!!

Adrenaline Rush as a damage mitigation buff is cool!
Rampage.... is that a possibility of a KO blow built in now.... WOW!
Never Say Die i guess is Last Stand heal without the initative or damage boost!!!
War Cry is a stun/shaken activated attack now, no more warriors going first and then swapping to tank?!?!?!
Strength of the crowd increasing offense and defense with no reduction in attacks per round!!
Hamstring! Theatrics... available for all... guess we wont know if its still 70% or not till its released.

CaineDeSoulis
11-15-2012, 11:51 AM
^_^ totally called never say die :P

oedi
11-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Gonna throw in a suggestion here. With all these changes i think we should be able to retrain wepon skills aswell. I can see a lot of options that will be lost for old gladiators if were denied that opportunity.

Dainoji
11-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Is it time for a Tier 4 chant?

sevenseas
11-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Yuuuup! Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more, Tier 4- we need more!

Cynaidh
11-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Ohhh Nate is in the forums! Chant louder!!! Tier 4- we need more!!!! :)

Nate
11-19-2012, 06:44 AM
It's possible I might let slip a few names of upcoming skills in the very near future...

Cynaidh
11-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Join us in the chat Nate.... if ya dare :P

Nate
11-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Here is a pre-sneak peek for Tier 4. Below are the names of three skills, can you figure out what they are? :)

atknoitetDiCarchannneetcieloukas

AngryVermin
11-19-2012, 09:06 AM
ANNIHILATE is one...

Kolodis
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
create distance and knockout r the other two skills hidden in there

Nate
11-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Last night in chat it took the collective genius of the Great Realm about 3 minutes to solve the word puzzle. Here is another set of 3 skill names for Tier 4. Can you discover what they are?

cgevuehiroweareahnravdrcrynsspmlmieegeingepnretbal

Apoca1ypse
11-19-2012, 11:33 PM
I got warcry, but there are not enough I's or Y's to make both crippling might and heavy scarring.

Also no K for shock and awe

sevenseas
11-20-2012, 02:02 AM
cryogenic pregnancy balls that's got to be one of them...or Hiroshima?

Cynaidh
11-20-2012, 03:15 AM
heavy scarring

overwhelming presence

impenetrable guard

Cynaidh
11-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Next 3 please :)

And since we know warriors get Armoured Fortress (i'd guess tier 5, that just sounds too cool) from the chats, i guess only 1 skill left to learn the name of for warriors!

Prinny
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Nope, War's get Create Distance, Heavy Scarring and Impenetrable Guard on Tier 4 :D

sevenseas
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM
How the F did you get all of that from cgevuehiroweareahnravdrcrynsspmlmieegeingepnretbal :confused:

sevenseas
11-21-2012, 02:32 AM
i think i see impenetrable...

Cynaidh
11-21-2012, 03:39 AM
you got to let your mind go and un-focus your eyes, kinda look at it with your peripheral vision and you will see them all.....or you'll get a headache one of the two :)

Cynaidh
11-22-2012, 05:23 AM
I just want to say on this Thanksgiving I'd be particularly thankful for a Teir 4/5 sneak peak :P

Prinny
11-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I just want to say on this Thanksgiving I'd be particularly thankful for a Teir 4/5 sneak peak :P

+1^^

Time for the complete description of tier 4! :D

Nate
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Time for another sneak peek! There was a minor change in one of the names after some testing. Below are the names for all the Tier 4 skills in random order. I'll let all of you guess where they go!

Knockout
Create Distance
Heavy Scarring
Overwhelming Presence
Intercepting Guard
Crippling Might
Surprise Ending
Light as a Feather
Annihilate

Have fun!

-Nate-

Kreegan
11-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Light as a FeatherThat's War, through and through.

Cynaidh
11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
hmm I am going to guess

Rage:
Heavy Scarring
Crippling Might
Annihilate

Warrior:
Create Distance
Intercepting Guard
Surprise Ending

Theatric:
Knockout
Overwhelming Presence
Light as a Feather

Probably not right but man that be interesting. :)

AngryVermin
11-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I suspect light as a feather may be rage - so that no-on can out jump a rage.

Cynaidh
11-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I suspect light as a feather may be rage - so that no-on can out jump a rage.

Well with war cry changing, that's probably already true... but man so many skills, in the chats Nate said rages where getting Heavy Scarring and Annihilate, so maybe light as a feather is their 3rd skill... but that means they gave up overwhelming presence and Crippling Might to theatrics, I can see OP going to theatrics, just makes sense to give theatrics a damage raising skill based on Presence since its one of their main stats. Of course maybe things changed as he did balance testing and what was said in earlier chats didn't end up happening but I am thinking "Light as a feather" is the replacement for "show off" and does the reverse of what "show off" did by making the theatrics use less endurance (as he is light as a feather) rather then lowering his opponents endurance with each hit.

I also think Annihilate, Surprise Ending, and Knockout are all fight ending moves. Gives each style a KO type build. Which explains why Iron Jaw now protects against KO's it seemed odd that it had that added just to pick on KO theatrics, so maybe all 3 of these are considered a "KO" and will be countered by Iron Jaw.

Prinny
11-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Rage:
Crippling Might
Annihilate
Light as a Feather

War:
Create Distance
Intercepting Guard
Heavy Scarring

Theatric:
Knockout
Overwhelming Presence
Surprise Ending

Cynaidh
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
War:
Heavy Scarring

What scars they hide in huge metal can's all day! If it was a warrior skill it would be Heavy Bruising :)

Prinny
11-25-2012, 11:28 AM
What scars they hide in huge metal can's all day! If it was a warrior skill it would be Heavy Bruising :)

I see, so youre telling me those massive damage hits rages do are from bruises? No wonder they wear tin cans to cover their whole bodies!
Im telling you man Heavy Scarring is a War skill :D

Cynaidh
11-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Plus i am standing by my guess that "Annihilate, Surprise Ending, and Knockout are all fight ending moves" :)

So warriors have to have one of them for it to be balanced :P

Nate
11-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Interesting guesses! ;) Now for a few descriptions. See if you can match them up with their skill name. :)

A defensive move that stops the oncoming attack.

In an amazing display of skill your gladiator will redirect the oncoming strike and possibly any skill effects back to the attacker. Surprise!

The barbarians of the Great Realm inflict beastly scars on themselves after each victory transforming their bodies into a living story and warning to any who would challenge them. With skin tougher than leather many a blade is met with failure.

Kolodis
11-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Create Distance - War, I can see it for Theatrics as well though.

Surprise Ending - Most likely Theatrics, so if Cyanaidh's guess about fight ending moves is right, Wars will get Knockout. Interestingly, Theatrics seem about as defensive as Wars with these new skills, but seem more dynamic.

Heavy Scarring - Rage, sorry Prinny :P

sevenseas
11-27-2012, 02:41 AM
surprise ending is war, damn them wars...it is:confused:
heavy scarring sounds ragey enough for me:o

Cynaidh
11-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Interesting guesses! ;) Now for a few descriptions. See if you can match them up with their skill name. :)

A defensive move that stops the oncoming attack.

In an amazing display of skill your gladiator will redirect the oncoming strike and possibly any skill effects back to the attacker. Surprise!

The barbarians of the Great Realm inflict beastly scars on themselves after each victory transforming their bodies into a living story and warning to any who would challenge them. With skin tougher than leather many a blade is met with failure.

Hmm...

Create Distance

Surprise Ending (that also totally changes what i thought the skill was)

Heavy Scarring

Apoca1ypse
11-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Rage
-Heavy Scarring
-Crippling Might
-Annihilate

War
-Create Distance
-Intercepting Guard
- Light as a Feather

Theatrics
-Knockout
-Surprise Ending
-Overwhelming Presence

Makes me sad to see that presence rage is probably going to disappear with OP being theatrics

Cynaidh
11-27-2012, 03:28 AM
I wont be surprised if your correct Apoca1ypse.

Man is anyone else feeling some concern for 2 hand rage at this point, OP and last stand where the skills that basically made it work and now they are both gone?

Apoca1ypse
11-27-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm going to guess that T5 skills are Shock and Awe for rage, Armored Fortress for war and perhaps a juiced version of showoff for theatrics

and yes, I am feeling concern for 2H rage... it seems like str/pres builds are going to be gone before they ever get a proper showing in primus.

Nate
11-27-2012, 07:02 AM
And a few more tier 4 skill descriptions for you to match up!

A defensive guard that helps to reduce the damage received while tanking or using a parry fighting style. Gladiators fighting with a shield will enjoy a much greater reduction to the damage they receive.

Stories of your gladiator's legendary prowess on the sands have reached every corner of the Great Realm causing all opponents to second guess themselves reducing their initiative.

Terrifying strike that crushes anything in its path with the chance of preventing defensive skills from activating for the current attack.

Good luck!

Cynaidh
11-27-2012, 07:21 AM
ok going to try and fill these in as we go... i'll be honest a bit surprised now and not feeling i am right on these at all.... And WOW shields are getting love in the warrior tree, where is the 2 handed weapon love for the rage tree!!!! I still feel suprise ending and light as a feather could be swapped. And are theatics now the old warriors? with hamstring and the old warcry under a new name?????

My Guess's:

Rage
-Heavy Scarring - The barbarians of the Great Realm inflict beastly scars on themselves after each victory transforming their bodies into a living story and warning to any who would challenge them. With skin tougher than leather many a blade is met with failure.
-Crippling Might
-Annihilate - Terrifying strike that crushes anything in its path with the chance of preventing defensive skills from activating for the current attack.

War
-Create Distance - A defensive move that stops the oncoming attack.
-Intercepting Guard - A defensive guard that helps to reduce the damage received while tanking or using a parry fighting style. Gladiators fighting with a shield will enjoy a much greater reduction to the damage they receive.
- Light as a Feather

Theatrics
-Knockout
-Surprise Ending - In an amazing display of skill your gladiator will redirect the oncoming strike and possibly any skill effects back to the attacker. Surprise!
-Overwhelming Presence - Stories of your gladiator's legendary prowess on the sands have reached every corner of the Great Realm causing all opponents to second guess themselves reducing their initiative.

Cynaidh
11-27-2012, 08:58 AM
nate says i am wrong on Annihilate so someone smarter figure it out! :)

Prinny
11-27-2012, 09:00 AM
-rips from cyn's post-

Rage
-Heavy Scarring - The barbarians of the Great Realm inflict beastly scars on themselves after each victory transforming their bodies into a living story and warning to any who would challenge them. With skin tougher than leather many a blade is met with failure.
-Crippling Might - Terrifying strike that crushes anything in its path with the chance of preventing defensive skills from activating for the current attack.
-Annihilate

War
-Create Distance - A defensive move that stops the oncoming attack.
-Intercepting Guard - A defensive guard that helps to reduce the damage received while tanking or using a parry fighting style. Gladiators fighting with a shield will enjoy a much greater reduction to the damage they receive.
- Light as a Feather

Theatrics
-Knockout
-Surprise Ending - In an amazing display of skill your gladiator will redirect the oncoming strike and possibly any skill effects back to the attacker. Surprise!
-Overwhelming Presence - Stories of your gladiator's legendary prowess on the sands have reached every corner of the Great Realm causing all opponents to second guess themselves reducing their initiative.

Kreegan
11-27-2012, 11:19 AM
You guys seriously think that a fighter wearing steel plates half his weight will have skill called "Light as a feather"? :confused: I'd guess KO is in the War tree now. OR this "Light as a feather" thing is some skill reducing the weight of the armour or something like that.

Cynaidh
11-27-2012, 01:01 PM
"Light as a feather" thing is some skill reducing the weight of the armour or something like that.

I wont be surprised if your right on that.

sevenseas
11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
i still say surprise:cool: ending is war

HipsterD
11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Think you are right Seven, two show stoppers will not land in the theatric lap. The question is, who will get Happy Ending...or is that the same thing? Then again Surprise might not be the black out of KO or a good night at the tavern.

Prinny
11-27-2012, 09:37 PM
You guys seriously think that a fighter wearing steel plates half his weight will have skill called "Light as a feather"? :confused: I'd guess KO is in the War tree now. OR this "Light as a feather" thing is some skill reducing the weight of the armour or something like that.
This is Nate we are talking about..I can easilly see him throwing a skill into the heavilly armoured War Tree called Light As A Feather...that trug

Nate
11-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Sneak Peek IV (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?1594-New-Skill-Trees-Sneak-Peek-Part-IV)

Nate
12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
After some testing Never Say Die has been modified. You can see the new description at the top of this thread.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-