Nate
11-09-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/skillTreesSneakPeak2.jpg

RAGE (Tier 2)

Sunder Armour
Activated (Offensive)
Requires Rage specialization.
Requires 10 trains in Rage skills.
Shattering strike that crushes plate, breaks chains and shreds leather and cloth reducing the armour value of the location hit.

Blood Drunk
Passive
Drunk on slaughter, your gladiator's Attack Power is increased as they look to obliterate anything unfortunate enough to get in their way.

Brute Force
Passive
Your gladiator's attacks smash through shields and weapons reducing the opponent's Defense.

War (Tier 2)

Battle Hardened
Passive
Requires War specialization.
Requires 10 trains in War skills.
Compulsory service in the military and untold numbers of battles have forged the soldiers of the Great Realm into legions of death. With such experience comes the advantage of knowing when and where to strike increasing their chance of landing a successful hit and for gladiators fighting with a shield this same experience translates into increased protection.

Death From Above
Activated (Offensive)
The army of the Great Realm teaches its biggest soldiers how to leap into the air and rain death down onto their enemies by using their great size to break through defenses and inflict extra damage. Your gladiator will be taught this very same move and the bigger they are the harder they hit!

Master of Arms
Passive
All available weapon skills are considered to be the same level as Master of Arms. Weapon skills will never be lower then their current skill level and never higher then the highest weapon skill your gladiator has achieved.

Theatrics (Tier 2)

Signature Moves
Activated (Offensive)
Requires Theatrics specialization.
Requires 10 trains in Theatrics skills.
Special attacks the crowd has come to love seeing your gladiator execute with style and flair. Gladiators learning these moves will be awarded with the ability to perform attacks that: sweep, blind, or disarm their opponent.

Crowd Pleaser
Passive
The crowd loves a good show and your gladiator has learned how to appear to take a hit when in reality they've deftly redirected or parried the attack instead awarding your gladiator with an increase to their Defense.

Gratuitous Violence
Passive
The crowd demands blood and your gladiator will learn how to give it to them. All your gladiator's attacks have a chance to inflict bleeding wounds causing their opponent to lose health at the end of every round.

And that concludes the sneak peek for the Tier 2 skills.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kolodis
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
You're the best nate :)

CaineDeSoulis
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
YAY thanks nate :D

sevenseas
11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
woot woot, i love the new crowd-pleaser...I unlearned it for like 3 glads....:confused:

Apoca1ypse
11-10-2012, 02:53 AM
awesomesauce

Prinny
11-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Awesome Nate!^^
Was wondering if Brute Force was staying or getting replaced with Crippling Might, this answers that question :p

Now for the chant for the third sneak peak which ill let Cyn start! :D

Cynaidh
11-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Ha! Nice stuff, the first thing that stands out to me is not only sig move Theatrics only but Stun is gone!!!

Battle Hardened = Athleticism + more shield blocks??? That's cool.

Now for the chant for the third sneak peak which ill let Cyn start!

We got to give him a day or two before we start again. :)

Nate
11-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Sneak Peek 2.5! Below is a list of the Tier 3 skills in random order! :)

Strength of the Crowd
Armour Movement
Never Say Die
Armour Movement
Armour Movement
Hamstring
War Cry
Rampage
Adrenaline Rush

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

CaineDeSoulis
11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
OOooo Adrenaline Rush ^_^ sounds very rage to me.

Cynaidh
11-13-2012, 02:50 AM
OH i'll guess :)

Rage:
Armour Movement
Rampage
Adrenaline Rush

Warrior:
Armour Movement
Never Say Die
War Cry

Theatrics:
Armour Movement
Strength of the Crowd
Hamstring

sevenseas
11-13-2012, 03:02 AM
awesomesauce

I like this word.

Awsomesauce Nate:cool:

AngryVermin
11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
My glads have dedicated themselves as being bloodletting flagellants until the new tiers are in place.

Dainoji
11-13-2012, 08:16 PM
OH i'll guess :)

Rage:
Armour Movement
Rampage
Adrenaline Rush

Warrior:
Armour Movement
Never Say Die
War Cry

Theatrics:
Armour Movement
Strength of the Crowd
Hamstring

I agree, this looks like the correct order, but the more interesting question is what do they all do!?

sevenseas
11-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Hmmm...Adrenaline rush sounds awful close to a new last stand....maybe like a Second Wind/ Last stand combo?!:eek:

Cynaidh
11-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Adrenaline rush....

An adrenaline rush is the fight or flight response of the adrenal gland, in which it releases adrenaline (epinephrine). When releasing adrenaline, one's body releases dopamine which can act as a natural pain killer. An adrenaline rush causes the muscles to perform respiration at an increased rate improving strength. It also works with the nervous system to interpret impulses that trigger selective glands.

That's what it really does in real life :) ... So if i had to guess i'd guess its going to make a rage do more damage, possibly with an initative boost, unlike the old last stand i don't think it will do a heal of any sort, but it could possibly be a pain blocker so maybe damage mitigation for the rest of the round, also i'd think this is an active ability that can trigger at any time (think Strength of the Crowd) rather then something that happens when your nearly dead like the old last stand, heck it might even be something that fires off at the start of round 1 only as you have an adrenaline rush at the start of the fight. Too many possibilities. :)

Nate
11-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Tier III Sneak Peek (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?1578-New-Skill-Trees-Sneak-Peek-Part-III)

Nate
12-12-2012, 10:09 AM
After some testing Death From Above in the War tree has been changed. You can see the results in the description at the top of the thread.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
After some testing Blood Drunk has been modified. You can see the new description at the top of this thread.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
12-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Death from Above changes sound interesting.

Belca and his 100 size may like that hahah

Prinny
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Death from Above changes sound interesting.

Belca and his 100 size may like that hahah

Yup its making me consider going offensive with Belca instead of the planned Defensive route lol Maybe ill try to find a mix between the 2 :)

Alba Kebab
12-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Flying whale stomp? ;)

Lunarion199
12-14-2012, 12:26 AM
After some testing Death From Above in the War tree has been changed.

I have a doubt here.. Earlier, Death from Above used to passively (automatically) give higher damage to prone opponents till the time they are on ground. So a gladiator trained in Barreling Attack could benefit from Death from Above as a part of strategy. Now Death from Above has nothing to do with prone opponents. So is there any remarkable use of Barreling Attack? We already have single move attack skills like Rampage, Sunder Armor etc. in Rage tree, which seem far superior to Barreling Attack.

Maybe we could revisit the Barreling Attack skill as well?

Regards

Nate
12-14-2012, 12:41 AM
A prone opponent has disadvantages such as reduced attacks and damage so a skill that can put a glad on the dirt is still very viable. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Lunarion199
12-14-2012, 03:00 AM
In fact, there are now total five activated skills in Rage tree which is the smallest of all. Because a rage gladiator tries to finish a fight quickly through higher damage and attack power, (particularly a two-handed rage using kill shot), the possibility of frequently triggering multiple activated skills during a fight would be low and hence so many active skills in rage tree seem rather doubtful.