PDA

View Full Version : New Skill Trees Sneak Peek Part I

Nate
11-06-2012, 05:17 AM
http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/skillTreesSneakPeak1.jpg

There have been a lot of changes since the last update, most lower down in the tree, however it affected some of the earlier skills. At this point I have the design done on all the skills and will start programming them. Unless something turns out to be terribly difficult or some kind of issue is found the sneak peaks you will be seeing are what the new trees will be. Enjoy!

RAGE (Tier 1)

Barreling Attack
Activated (Offensive)
Powerful move that knocks your gladiator's opponent to the ground.

Devastating Power
Passive
All attacks land with bone crushing force increasing the power of your gladiator's critical strikes.

WAR (Tier 1)

Grim Determination
Passive
The soldiers of the Great Realm are trained to push their limits on the battlefield and in honor of that the Enforcer will allow them to fight longer than usual before pulling them out of the fight due to injury or exhaustion.

Iron Jaw
Passive
Increases your gladiator's chance of not being stunned or knocked out.

THEATRICS (Tier 1)

Feint
Activated (Offensive)
A feigned attack catching your opponent zigging when they should have zagged increasing their Attack Power for the current attack.

Called Shot
Passive
Psyching out their opponent and playing to the crowd your gladiator calls out where they'll attack next increasing the chances of hitting where they are aiming for and landing a critical strike.

Cynaidh
11-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Great!

New info...

Feint is now an attack power increase rather then lowering your opponent's defense for that hit.... should make it better for say hitting rages with i'd think.

Hmm Grim Determination now mentions "or exhaustion" wonder how that works.

Devastating Power + Called Shot = win for any offensive gladiator.

Apoca1ypse
11-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Cheers Nate. I'm glad you did this :D

I'm looking forward to seeing how the masses react to some of the other changes you eluded to in chat :)

I do like the change to feint. makes it a much more appealing and versatile skill now.

Cynaidh
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Is it time for part 2 yet? :)

HipsterD
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Hey Cyn, I think that's like asking is it time for a second beer :)

Dainoji
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
or asking for a second bear.

Apoca1ypse
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM
noone wants a second bear.....

AngryVermin
11-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Good job Nate.

Change is good.

Switching feint and iron jaw really makes more sense based upon theatrics and war. They are better fits where you have moved them.

Cynaidh
11-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Sneak peak 2, sneak peak 2, sneak peak 2

Common on people we need a solid chant here to get this moving!

Prinny
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM

sevenseas
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Sneak peak TWO! , sneak peak TWO! ,sneak peak TWO! ,sneak peak TWO! ,sneak peak TWO! ,sneak peak TWO! ,sneak peak TWO! ,sneak peak TWO!

CaineDeSoulis
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak TwoSneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak TwoSneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two Sneak Peak Two! ^_^ Im helping lol.

Kolodis
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two sneak peek two

Nate
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Because you guys asked so nicely.

Sneak Peek Part II (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?1562-New-Skill-Trees-Sneak-Peek-Part-II)