PDA

View Full Version : Question about training weapon skills

Warrior
10-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Hello all

I recently started and I'm liking Pit of War a lot!

I have found that some of the most effective early trains are for Weapon Skills and reading on the forums most suggest training Weapon Skill up to 10 ASAP.

Around level 5 or 6 my chance to train reaches about 50% and I lose a lot of points.

I could be putting those points into other skills that are still only level 1 or 2 or attributes.

Up to what point should weapon skills be pumped despite losing points when the points could be used elsewhere?

Thanks for any advice

Dainoji
10-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the game!

Don't think of them as lost points, as everyone else is in the same boat. 50% is still great, wait until you get to 9.9 and you are trying for that last train to get to 10 at 4%!

Most vets recommend you get your weapon skill up to 10 asap, but if you are getting impatient or bored I think you can start other skills once you get to 7 or 8, but I wouldn't stop sooner than that. For attributes, you can often modify those with items, so they are often one of the last things I end up training. Other managers might have a different plan though.

Apoca1ypse
10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
With your first gladiator getting your weapon skill to lvl 8 is fine. that way you can experiment with other skills and strategies, and get a feel for the game. If you're then making a new gladiator with great stats and have your eyes on a great build and w/l ratio, getting your weapon skill to 10 ASAP is the way to go.

Warrior
10-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Alright thanks for the quick replies it's appreciated

onming
11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
thx for advice

tex burns
11-12-2012, 06:13 AM
I was looking for this information.

Thanks for making the guides. Not having to lose a million times while I figure out the basics, makes this game considerably more fun.