PDA

View Full Version : New Update 10/25/2012! CHAT!

Nate
10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

Today marks another milestone in the Great Realm! We now have in game chat! Everyone please thank Crow for being patient and remembering to remind me to add chat to the game, without his gentle reminders every so often who knows when it would have been added! ;)

The same rules and etiquette apply to in-game chat as on the forums. Let's keep it clean and friendly and have fun!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kolodis
10-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Any plans for multiple channels in the chat? (ex: strategy, fights, etc.)

Prinny
10-25-2012, 08:55 AM
First!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2s0h1jb.png

johnh10
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Any way to turn chat off completely? It steals focus from the background page.

Nate
10-25-2012, 12:39 PM

Can you elaborate more on what exactly is happening so I fully understand the issue? Minimizing doesn't help? What OS and Browser are you using? Version numbers will help as well.

Thanks!

oedi
10-25-2012, 01:01 PM
totally awesome:D

Apoca1ypse
10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
winning :D

Nate
10-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Some new commands for you guys:

/pinchat on (prevent chat from auto scrolling)
/pinchat off (turn auto scrolling back on)

These are remembered, so be sure to turn it off when you are done reading the chat you missed while cooking dinner. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

HipsterD
10-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Nice! One problem though. When I hit return to post, my browser reloads the site and chat reboots. I run Safari.

Nate
10-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Changed the default colors in chat to make it easier to read.

Fixed the bad word censor, it shouldn't flag words that happen to also containt the bad words. Cain you can now use the word "assume" without trouble! ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
10-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Any plans for multiple channels in the chat? (ex: strategy, fights, etc.)

We'll eventually add multiple channels, this is just ver. 1.0! :)

johnh10
10-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Can you elaborate more on what exactly is happening so I fully understand the issue? Minimizing doesn't help? What OS and Browser are you using? Version numbers will help as well.

Thanks!

I'm using IE 9.

With the new chat window, I cannot use the keyboard to scroll a POW page without first clicking on the page to make focus current.
Usually I could click an Arena/Tavern fight button and then use the page up/down buttons to read the fight. Now I have to click the page before using the key commands.

I don't plan on using chat often so I just wanted to turn it off completely.

ithylight
10-28-2012, 12:50 AM
The chat completely disappeared from the website. Is it just me? I'm using the latest version of google's Chrome.

Prinny
10-28-2012, 12:57 AM
The chat completely disappeared from the website. Is it just me? I'm using the latest version of google's Chrome.

I suggest you log out and log back in, it should be there again if you do that.

Did you purchase trophies? The same thing happened to me when I did :)

ithylight
10-28-2012, 02:09 AM
I have 3 accounts and i log in and out all the time. The chat is missing on all accounts. I didn't purchase any trophies.

Just tried with mozzila. Same...

I noticed the page is loading slightly longer than before and my "homepage" is pitofwar.com/thegreatrealm. While it's loading it says "connecting to chat.pitofwar.com".

Nate
10-28-2012, 05:55 AM
I have 3 accounts and i log in and out all the time. The chat is missing on all accounts. I didn't purchase any trophies.

Just tried with mozzila. Same...

I noticed the page is loading slightly longer than before and my "homepage" is pitofwar.com/thegreatrealm. While it's loading it says "connecting to chat.pitofwar.com".

Are you still having trouble connecting to chat?

Nate
10-28-2012, 05:55 AM
I suggest you log out and log back in, it should be there again if you do that.

Did you purchase trophies? The same thing happened to me when I did :)

So after you purchase the trophies and it redirects you back to the game the chat is no longer there?

ithylight
10-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Still not there :(

Prinny
10-28-2012, 06:48 AM
So after you purchase the trophies and it redirects you back to the game the chat is no longer there?

That is correct, it's not to big a deal though since relogging fixed it :)

Nate
10-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Still not there :(

Have you tried it in another browser? If you have the ability to do that please try and let me know the results.

Currently you are using Chrome you mentioned. On windows or mac?

Thanks!

-Nate-

Nate
11-05-2012, 09:10 PM

Hey Johnh10,

I'll look to add a way to turn chat on and off after the next few updates. I'm assuming you like to navigate around the browser using the keyboard only?

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-