PDA

View Full Version : A Second Skill tree

AngryVermin
10-23-2012, 04:17 AM
I am certain the game designers have already looked into this - but the D&D model shows pretty easy methods for expansion.

1) Perhaps, opening a new 10 levels above Primus that only people who play the game for X many fights have access to. Or perhaps, when you get access to HOL slaves, only they are able to see and use the new tree.

2) Perhaps, opening complete new skill tree that only people who play the game for X many fights have access to. Or perhaps, when you get access to HOL slaves, only they are able to see and use the new tree.

The balance becomes how to keep people that have not made it to Primus yet interested (I think it is perfect now and should not be effed with) and then how to keep the long term players (and payers) also interested.

if it were me, I would think long and hard about the second skill tree - and also about copying the whole darned game into a second genre - say mech or vampire or whatever (I hate that stuff but some people with cash dont)

A second skill tree would add an exponential increase in combinations of factors that people can use to see what works. This takes time for people to learn. It is learning that keeps people interested. If there is nothing new to learn, people stagnate.

The new skills do NOT need to be overpowering, if they were just small tweaks, they would add a whole new world of possibilities.

3) the new skills could be like "specialization" in D&D, etc.

Great job in the game. I have played Shakes and Fidgets (your cartoon cousin), and kiWarriors (your distant DragonBall Z cousin), and neither have nearly the depth of game to keep me interested and learning.

Dont screw up and make it to hard for people who have not played more than a few times or it will die, you need to add depth to the game - but only where the diehards are playing because I assume many of those guys are your regular bankroll.