PDA

View Full Version : Primus has a new king : TYGROS REX !

Narol
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
To my own surprise, my gladiator Tygros Rex took the Primus Throne today for the first time of his life !

I need to thank Sedris for the involontary help he gave me by beating Belgarad twice, as I wasn't expecting to have a chance to go above Belgarad before his planed retirement at the end of the month...

After many months of domination of the arena by Zmash, ZeroEleven, Toddler and Belgarad (with very short glimpses of my Slim Tailor at the top in between...), it's an interesting change that makes me very proud !

Tygros had been stuck between rank 10 and rank 30 until recently when I made a few changes to his strategy and build that made him much more effective, in particular against ZeroEleven & Toddler against who he has a positive ratio over the last days, which allowed him to climb the ranks quite fast...

So my message to those who struggle in Primus is to not lose hope, learn from your defeats and don't be afraid to experiment, things can change for you like they did for me !

With the rising wave of HoL Slaves storming over Primus, it probably won't last long but I enjoy enormously the confort of that legendary throne for the time I can keep it...

Cynaidh
10-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Grats!!!

Always fun when someone new takes the top! Good going Narol!

Narol
10-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Thank you my friend, feel free to challenge him with Belgarad or Pissed to take back the throne and let's let the arena decide who deserves it the most !

CaineDeSoulis
10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Completely intentional challenges from sedris :). I didn't think tygros has been the top dog so i decided to give him a little nudge.

Narol
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
lol you're a funny trickster, Caine, but you brightened my day by speeding up things so thanks again ! Now please give Tygros a chance to prove he is really the new top dog and not there just because you pushed him up ! I want to earn my throne at the sweat of my muscles !

He has win ratios against Toddler and ZeroEleven close to 90% over the last few days, so he can at least pretend to be that new top dog...

I feel that if he succeed some people will be even more pissed against me than they are, and challenges already started to flow in but without much success for them so far !!

Apoca1ypse
10-22-2012, 01:56 PM
awww, how nice of you Caine ;)

Prinny
10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I feel that if he succeed some people will be even more pissed against me than they are, and challenges already started to flow in but without much success for them so far !!

Sry dude i kicked him from his throne^^

Narol
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Congrats Prinny, good matches from Shikii and Laharl ! I still wonder why they ain't better ranked as they can be serious contenders for the throne too...

Anyway, I got addicted already to the throne, so it's not over and I'll be back ASAP !

Cynaidh
10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Gave you a few challenges he is solidly in there looks like, you have to have the undisputed by now.

CaineDeSoulis
10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
yea i challenged him 8 times with prey 2 challenges with weapons and 6 without weapons

Narol
10-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Yeah, back on the throne and I earned it by myself this time :

Tygros-Belgarad 2-0
Tygros-Pissed 3-0
Tygros- The Returned 5-1

However I still have a serious problem against Prinny's glads and I need to find a way to counter them :

Laharl -Tygros : 3-0
Shikii-Tygros : 3-1

Anyway, good to see Laharl back in Top 10, he's really a legend for me and his fights are always epic. I wouldn't be surprise to see him on the Throne in a few days !

Cynaidh
10-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Looks like Rex has some catching up to do this morning... :) Man that top 10 is brutal.

Narol
10-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Yeah congrats to Belgarad for his winning streak, Tygros is back to rank 2... I hope you don't mind if he challenges Belgarad intensively to take back the Throne !

Do you still plan to retire him at the end of the month, btw ?

Cynaidh
10-23-2012, 03:11 AM
go for it :) This is his last week in the arena might as well make it exciting :)

Yup I feel he has had his fun for awhile now and I have an idea for a roflmao fun gladiator, well at least i think it will be fun. :) So going to look for a very exact set of stats in a HOL Slave for what i want to do.

Prinny
10-23-2012, 06:30 AM
However I still have a serious problem against Prinny's glads and I need to find a way to counter them :

Laharl -Tygros : 3-0
Shikii-Tygros : 3-1

Anyway, good to see Laharl back in Top 10, he's really a legend for me and his fights are always epic. I wouldn't be surprise to see him on the Throne in a few days !

Gehe yea you need to find a solution to that, thing is theyre set up to deal with each class^^
Laharl doesn't have the desire to be on the throne, he already has the Undisputed title after all so there isn't much for him to gain from it :D
Look out for Asatsuo though I changed up his build to what I will probably change Laharl to when the skill revamp kicks in ^^