PDA

View Full Version : Mister Oedi finally losing his nerves ?

Narol
10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow, I don't know if it's because of the amazing complete victory of my team yesterday in the Primus Battle Royale or an epidermic reaction to my usual challenges against his other glads, but my brave Slim Tailor got in a row 7 challenges from Toddler and 7 challenges from Zeroeleven, the 2 best ranked gladiators of Primus !

Despise unprepared, Slim did what he could and won 3 fight against Toddler and 2 against Zeroeleven, but that's brutal !

Narol
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
10 DOWNWARDS CHALLENGES in a row today by Toddler against Slim Tailor who is no more a threat to the first place as he dropped in points and ranks...(and he won 8/10 as there is no doubt that he is better than Slim).

Off course, it happened just before the time of the Battle Royale...

Shame on you, Oedi, that's really mean and becoming a form of bullying, but you won't intimidate me and I will stay in your way with my few little guys despise your armada of 5 teams of monsters !!

Nate and Eric, would it be possible to add a 15 mn ticker to Downward challenges that would apply even in the Top 10 of each bracket to prevent such harassment methods, please ?

oedi
10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Nate and Eric, would it be possible to add a 15 mn ticker to Downward challenges that would apply even in the Top 10 of each bracket to prevent such harassment methods, please ?
I second that, very good suggestion.

Btw you use the same tactics against zerotwentyone.
Ive challenged your guy with 2 of mine, the same amount of gladiators you use againts mine. Is it 3 weeks now you`ve been challenging twentyone? anyway I got tired of it, and after 2 days of challenges from me you cry like a little girl.

crow
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
I have to agree with Oedi. Narol you challenge more than anyone else, so you should be the last to complain. I have been pondering setting a few of my boys up strategy wise just to remove yours out of the top 20. But I will just keeping working on a more general strategy.

Narol
10-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Challenges are an important strategic aspect of the game, and the devs added the Spoils of War system to encourage people to use it.

But I never DOWNWARD challenged the same glad 10 TIMES in a row like Oedi did, that's just abusing the system especially when you do that with the legend sitting on the Primus throne !

Oedi and Crow, I challenged some of your glads 3-4 times a day to try to maintain my struggling guys in the top 10 as those were the only ones against who I hoped to have a chance to win, and there is not many other opponents possible when you two (who are known for working together) owns most of the other glads in the top 10...

Cynaidh
10-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Hmm one flaw though in your logic Narol, if Oedi doesn't down challenge then he can't challenge most of the time as he is normally in the number 1 and 2 spots, so if he wants to make the extra money with the challenging system he fairly much has to down challenge to attack someone who isn't one of his stables.

I mean looking at it currently with his warriors, he could challenge: Belgarad, Siam, Slim Tailor, Burtreynolds, Tygros Rex, The Returned, Shinkii, Eruption, Pissed, Sedris, Sequoia and lets just say he is going to stick to people in the top 15 :)

So lets remove rages, rages do have a style advantage vs warriors so i would avoid that challenge so now we have:
Siam, Slim Tailor, Tygros Rex, The Returned, Shinkii, Eruption, Sequoia

So that puts your guys as the hardest glads he can possibly challenge where he doesn't have a style disadvantage. Seems logical to me. Now since Oedi has so many teams i would assume he rotates threw them when they are near max fight tokens every couple of days so that explains 10 in a row.

Hell getting challenged every day is just annoying, Burtreynolds challenges Belgarad every single day, its gotten old for me too. Only thing i could do was to figure out what would kick his ass regularly.... and well lets just say its leveling up nicely.

Narol
10-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Read up, Cyn, Oedi admitted publicly that it was a personal vendetta because he was tired of my few daily challenges and took the hammer out to try to teach me a lesson !

We all know that Oedi usually never challenge, and Slim is the only one in the list you made that got challenged, 14 times by Toddler and Zeroeleven the first day and 10 times today by Toddler only..

He's not even making money out of it as I put my money at the bank around 4 times a day so that's definitely not the reason.

Again, I don't complain about the challenging system and I'm fine with Oedi challenging my glads on occasion, but I consider that challenging a glad downward that many times in a row is just pitiful, abusive and lacking of class...

As far as I know, Burtreynolds didn't challenged Belgarad 10 times in a row so that's definitely not comparable.

Dainoji
10-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Let's be clear about something, there is no down challenging in the top 40 of Primus and certainly not in the top 10. All glads are mostly even and can win or lose on any given day. The top 10 also isn't a place to be comfy, each one of those spots is a hot seat and a ticket into the battle royal fights so you should expect numerous challenges as other managers try to get in and other managers try and push you out. Crying about being challenged or bullied is just silly, it's not like you are being ganked like in a MMO by higher level characters or caught unaware. There are many who would love to be getting challenged repeatedly if it meant they were in the top 10 and battle royal fights!

Narol
10-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Bullshit, Dainoji !

Everyone who is a regular in the top 10 (and you are obviously not one of them) knows that Toddler, Zeroeleven and Belgarad clearly stand a crank above the rest and that we are not mostly even...

Repeated Downward challenging sucks and I'm sure noone would like to be challenged 10 times in a row by a higher ranked and obviously superior glad...

Btw, your mouth is bigger than your guts, when is the last time you dared to challenge a top 10 glad of Oedi or Crow instead of licking their boots as usual ?

And to clarify a point, I'm not crying, I'm standing proudly to expose Oedi's despisable ways against the few who stay in his way and will fight back my best in the arena !

Prinny
10-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Everyone who is a regular to the top 10 knows that Toddler, Zeroeleven and Belgarad can be beaten hell if I challenge it's mostly Zeroeleven or Toddler because I want to test my strategies against good gladiators instead of half baked ones and yes I use all my 8 Arena Tokens on that...

All your gladiator needs to do is knock Toddler or Zeroeleven on the ground and their amount of attacks get reduced like there's no tomorrow increasing your chances of winning by alot so just put some points in Barreling Attack and hope they don't get up >.>

For Belgarad...he's getting sold anyway so I would be more afraid of Cynaidh's The Returned instead, that guys a beast :D

Oh and btw Cynaidh...it's Shikii not Shinkii ;)

Cynaidh
10-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Oh yes Narol i realize that this happened cause you pissed off Oedi, I was just showing there is a logical reason for him to be challenging your guys a lot anyways.

All these glads we are talking about here.... well its their last month in the sun anyways I'd guess at the most maybe 2 months. The HOL slaves are in primus: The Returned, Pissed, Zerosevenseven, Yukimaru Almaz, Asatsuo, Echo li, Speedblades, Subjectthirty, Alpha lii, Sbjectthirtytwo, Cypress Il, SbjectThirtyOne, Bigger Buzz, Vanth, Korlash, Rhine all are HOL slaves I am guessing who have made it to primus already (sorry if i missed anyone, or got wrong that your guy is an HOL Slave). These are the glads we are fixing to be watching fight over the top 10. Zerosevenseven, The Returned and Pissed where just the first to break into the top 10, I am betting we will see a lot more of these in the top 10 soon. Hell Pissed beat Belgarad and ZeroEleven today in random match-ups with 0 attribute trains and not being skill capped, these new HOL Glads are sick! I am sure a lot of them are skill capped or near to it (7 more skill trains for The Returned and Pissed to go for me) and are now working raising their attributes, the old glads are in trouble. Narol i know you retired the New Tigers i figured you where raising up a team of HOL Slaves, I am very surprised you don't have any in primus yet, slow rolling them?

Oh and btw Cynaidh...it's Shikii not Shinkii
Sorry :P Hopefully i got your guys above right :P

As far as I know, Burtreynolds didn't challenged Belgarad 10 times in a row so that's definitely not comparable.
More like i got every fight token he got for a week until i changed Belgarad's strategy and he started winning, so yes its compairable, the difference is i didn't have a good person to throw at him like Oedi did (If i would have you better believe i would have challenged him every damn day) so i went the other route and have a HOL Slave leveling up with a build specifically made to kick his ass, once he is leveled up he will challenged Burtreynolds everyday till he is out of challenging range. Everyone has to realize that yes challenges are part of the game but repeated challenging can certainly be taken personally.

oedi
10-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Hello Oedi,

I could retaliate your repeated challenges against Slim by even more challenges against Zerotwentyone and your other glads, but I prefer to let us a chance to talk as adults to end this grudge before it escalates to an even more bloody mess.

Would you be ok to try to find a gentlemen's agreement between us and what would be an acceptable challenging frequency for you in that frame ?

Narol
this note was sent to me private, but I chose to reply public.

The thing is that I usually dont care, and I frequently find it very exciting with challenges, as I told Cynaidh when he challenged me at the most. He challenged me more than you`ve ever done but with a big difference. He challenged me to find a way to beat me, then he stopped. You found a way to beat twentyone then you started.

oedi
10-20-2012, 09:52 AM
The HOL slaves are in primus: Subjectthirty, edited
30 is actually not a HoL slave but my 6 activity 6 bloodlust test subject. But he was very happy to be mentioned amongst the golden ones.

Cynaidh
10-20-2012, 10:04 AM
30 is actually not a HoL slave but my 6 activity 6 bloodlust test subject. But he was very happy to be mentioned amongst the golden ones.

Wow, 489 - 261 - 29, what an amazing record and to be in the top 3rd of primus and that's all he runs 6 bash 6, or 6 counter strike 6 ?

oedi
10-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Wow, 489 - 261 - 29, what an amazing record and to be in the top 3rd of primus and that's all he runs 6 bash 6, or 6 counter strike 6 ?
bash, torso ,torso since fight 1.

oedi
10-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Oedi or Crow instead of licking their boots as usual ?
Strange choice of words, since I hardly can remember any instance I and Danioji agrees on anything. But I remember quite a few occasions I`ve backed out of a discussion with Danioji because my retorical skills is not up to the challenge, so I`ve tried to beat him in the areana instead.

oedi
10-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Everyone who is a regular in the top 10 (and you are obviously not one of them) knows that Toddler, Zeroeleven and Belgarad clearly stand a crank above the rest and that we are not mostly even..
Do you imply that we somehow are cheating? Whats not even about our guys n girls and yours? Stat wise were from the pre HoL with zeroeleven at a start cost of 1011, and Toddler below 1000(76, 66, 72, 76, 72, 64, 67), and Belagard I dont know. Equipment wise, 11 is fortunate enough to own 2 pieces of legendary items. Skill wise were all at 100. Were all at level 50. That leaves strategy. Ive been fortunate enough to find a combination of speciality, skills, and tactics that beat enough opponents that Ive been ranked # 1 for a while now.

Cynaidh
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Belagard I dont know.

Wow i don't remember... his original stats would have been... str 89 int 66 agil 64 stam 71 size 75 pres 61 chi 84 not sure how much he cost might have been fairly high with those str and chi scores.

Man just looking at those vs the stats on my HOL slaves that are rages...
1st is: str 86 int 76 agil 82 stam 77 size 82 pres 86 chi 70
2nd is: str 84 int 69 agil 74 stam 81 size 79 pres 82 chi 86
3nd is: str 96 int 69 agil 88 stam 82 size 78 pres 64 chi 76
4th is: str 86 int 75 agil 87 stam 77 size 92 pres 73 chi 69

Yup he needs to retire, they are going to smoke him, and damn i like rages :P.

Narol
10-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Wow, I was out of house yesterday, lots of stuff to answer.

1) Oedi : I am ABSOLUTELY NOT implying that you are cheating, what I say is that Toddler and Zeroeleven are better than all the other gladiators of Primus (with the exception of Belgarad in my opinion) as they proved it many times in the arena and the Blood Games. That's a proof of your talent as trainer that no-one can contest, and I mean nothing else. You're currently the most successful trainer of the game in matter of results and performances.

Now you didn't answered the message you made public, what would be an acceptable challenge frequency for you that would not provoque such brutal retaliation with repeated downward challenges from Primus top glads ?

2) Cynaidh : I retired the New Tigers because I don't have the time and money to run 2 top teams (at least the way I play them). I am aware my old glads from Bloody Tigers will probably be outclassed soon by the rising tide of all the HoL slaves but as long they can keep their rank in top 10 I'll keep them. They have an history and I am not the kind of guy who gives up easily. In addition, I don't know how the skill trees change will affect the game and I prefer to wait for it before rebuilding completely my only team left.

Narol
10-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Prinny, you are one of the few trainers who has the balls to casually challenge Oedi's top glads and I respect you a lot for that.

Your advice on how to beat Toddler & Zeroeleven is good, but they are real stamina monsters in ultra-heavy armor... Even using such strategies my guys need some luck to score a few occasional wins against them, maybe yours do better ?

Btw, congrats for Shikii's victory 5-2 in his challenges against Slim, that's upward challenges so it's fair game, no worries for me...

Now, why don't do you the same against Toddler & Zeroeleven to go grab the Primus Throne for yourself and prove your point (that I still contest) that they ain't that hard to beat ?

Shikii and Laharl are really good glads, they can do it don't they ?

Cynaidh
10-21-2012, 05:40 AM
2) Cynaidh : I retired the New Tigers because I don't have the time and money to run 2 top teams (at least the way I play them). I am aware my old glads from Bloody Tigers will probably be outclassed soon by the rising tide of all the HoL slaves but as long they can keep their rank in top 10 I'll keep them. They have an history and I am not the kind of guy who gives up easily. In addition, I don't know how the skill trees change will affect the game and I prefer to wait for it before rebuilding completely my only team left.

Ahh, i didn't know you retired the whole team to actually retire the team. :) I understand waiting for the skill tree challenges I considered the same myself when i got back but we have had NO info on the skill changes for over 4 months, I think its reasonable to think that the skill tree change is on the back burner as a priority, most likely so that conquests can get done. That's a toss up, I am sure there are some that would prefer conquests to come before the skill changes and then others who would prefer it the other way around (damn i'd love to see a poll on that just to see where the community stands on which they would rather see first). So I am leveling up 8 HOL slaves right now most of them are going just standard spec's, I am trying out a couple of new ideas and one guy is going to be TOTALLY different just to see if a fun build i came up with can work. Since we have been told there is going to be a "respec" mechanism of some sort when the new skill tree comes out, by the time it comes out I expect to have all 8 of them to 50 and honestly I wont be surprised to have at least a few of them be Olympians by the time it comes out.

Prinny
10-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Prinny, you are one of the few trainers who has the balls to casually challenge Oedi's top glads and I respect you a lot for that.

Your advice on how to beat Toddler & Zeroeleven is good, but they are real stamina monsters in ultra-heavy armor... Even using such strategies my guys need some luck to score a few occasional wins against them, maybe yours do better ?

Btw, congrats for Shikii's victory 5-2 in his challenges against Slim, that's upward challenges so it's fair game, no worries for me...

Now, why don't do you the same against Toddler & Zeroeleven to go grab the Primus Throne for yourself and prove your point (that I still contest) that they ain't that hard to beat ?

Shikii and Laharl are really good glads, they can do it don't they ?

Thx, the reason I don't do that is simple, theyre good glads and with the current fight format I need to win 2-3 battles to get the amount of points I lose for each loss. it's a 50-50 chance to get a win against them which means idd only lose points instead + it's boring to fight the same glads all the time since you will get the same kinds of results over and over again ;D

So instead i just press the fight button without challenging normally^^

Dainoji
10-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I won't bother addressing nonsense, however I will say a challenge match is 100 times more exciting than a random match up and if I know a feud is going on and care about it, it makes each fight all the sweeter and exciting. If someone wants to challenge Thunder Lips or Chuck Norris 10000 times in row, go ahead. If all of Primus wants to challenge just my two gladiators go ahead. You know why? My strategies are set how I want them for the "fight anyone" setup, so me pressing the button or everyone else pressing the button with my glads name highlighted makes very little difference. If suddenly I am challenged dozens of time by someone or a group of people I'll actually feel the love and smile, hell I might even respond with a handful of challenges myself and *gasp* a friendly or not so friendly rivalry will be born and make every fight after that more exciting at a meta level. Pit of war is not a game where we should all be holding hands around the camp fire singing songs to each other. A little healthy meta game blood feuds might even make things more interesting for you. I hope Oedi keeps pounding on Narol and in return I hope Narol answers those challenges with his own victories and when both of them aren't suspecting it I hope a 3rd manager or group of managers drops the hammer on the both of them and sends them spinning. This is where a nice clan system would do the game wonders. :p

Think of it this way. A random matchup is a person on the other side who pressed a button not knowing or caring who they fight. A challenge match on the other hand has some substance behind it, a man behind the curtain if you will. It makes things a little more personal, makes the fight feel a little more real, breathes more life into it, gives it a beating heart instead of cold text on the screen. Each hit a smack across the other guys face and each death a kick in the nuts. Maybe I'm old fashioned but that kind of PvP is visceral and worth experiencing. It's the difference between eating a nice juicy steak or McDonalds. I'll take the steak every time. How about you? Substitute your vegetable of choice if you don't eat meat. :)

Narol
10-21-2012, 09:12 AM
It's rare enough to be underlined, I agree on something with Dainoji : Challenges are the spice of the game and what makes it so exciting.

On the other hand, ruining someone else pleasure to play by repeated challenges is not my idea of fun, especially when it's downward challenges that you are almost sure to win...

That's why I offered Oedi to find a gentleman's agreement to end our grudge about what would be acceptable for him as challenge frequency rather than launching a full scale challenging offensive in retaliation, and I hope he will take this offered hand. It was his choice to make my offer public, but I am still waiting for his answer...