PDA

View Full Version : Tavern contracts - time spent for rewards?

Sisterhood
02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I get that the game is free to play as is, and if you want to do more you have to have trophies, but if someone has more than 20 minutes to kill it would seem pretty cool if after the first 5 tavern contracts, you could run more tavern contracts all day, with no exp and no gold, but with a tiny percent chance of it dropping a piece of gear. So if I wanted to babysit my pit fighter all day in the background, maybe one in 10 contracts would yield a piece of gray gear. Or one in 20.

Granted, I've never played a free-to-play game before because I'm a regular MMO player (I play EQ2 and I'm in the beta for Rift) so I'm very not used to logging in and not being able to do anything at all until new time is up. Right now, I log in and maintain everything in 20 minutes and then migrate away. This would not keep my interest in comparison to EQ2, but maybe I'm not your target audience.

Just trying to find constructive suggestions, please don't take offense, the game is very pretty and neat.

Nate
02-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Greetings Sisterhood and welcome to the Pit of War!

Thank you for your suggestions!

Many free to play games including PoW aren't meant for you to sit down and play for 8 hours at a time like WoW or EQ, etc. They are more meant to supplement your current gaming schedule rather than compete with it. You can think of your gladiators as virtual pets that you check in with 2 or 3 times per day.

The Pit of War you see now is just the beginning, there are many expansions planned that will offer more things to do. Here are a few of the planned expansions:

The Black Market
The Black Market is not yet open, however once it is open there will be many things you will be able to do here. A big function will be Jimmy the Squid's underground pit fights. These will be unsanctioned fights that you'll be able to do at any time of the day and as often as you like (or have energy for) to earn points which you'll be able to trade in for powerful weapons and armour. You'll also be able to buy special items here like consumables (i.e. potions, etc), play games of chance and a lot lot more.

Conquests
Conquests will be coming online in the future and these will be longer adventures you can send your gladiators on to explore the Great Realm, find magic items, kill powerful bosses, etc.

As you gain more wealth you'll also be able to expand your stable and run multiple gladiators that will fill up more of your time, and you can do that right now.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Sisterhood
02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
These options, once added, would probably make the difference for me. I think they're both great ideas.

crow
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Sister,
I can tell you that once you start running multiple Gladiators and even multiple stables, you spend a few hours playing the game. A good idea is reading alot on the arena results and see how others are fighting to get an idea how to set up your boys strategy. I will recommend spending a little cash and purchasing trophies then expanding your barracks. Multiple Gladiators earn you gold much faster, plus the more tavern fights gives you opportunity to find some good equipment. I have found a few blue level items on the job, and several green. But mostly you just find crap to sell.