PDA

View Full Version : Crippling Might and Devestating Power

CaineDeSoulis
10-16-2012, 07:35 AM
so i'm going to level these to 10 on my youngest gladiator korlash and see how that go's. I realize that these skills are pretty much unused but i'm banking on the skill update to make them effective at...well...something lol. any other thoughts on this? also i already have Called Shot maxed.

Crippling Might
Strength
Chi
Passive
If your gladiator's attack deals a serious injury, there is a chance the injury will be elevated to a higher level.

Devastating Power
Strength
Chi
Passive
All attacks to areas with a serious injury deal extra damage.

for reference.

Cynaidh
10-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I had these on a couple of my glads before we got the Automatic Healing Service in the Temple and they worked really well.

But that was more for hitting someone who was already injured in the fight, I am not sure how effective it will be trying to hit someone, get an injury, then hit it again all in the same fight, especially with a two-handed weapon (at least i though korlash was two handed) perhaps it would work well though with fast one handers, to get more opportunities for injuries and then follow up hits.

Since devastating power is already changed in the sneak peak II to:

Devastating Power
Passive
Requires 10 trains in Rage skills.
All attacks land with bone crushing force increasing the power of your gladiator's critical strikes.

Maybe Crippling Might is going to get both elevating to a higher level and extra damage, then it might be worth 10 points.

CaineDeSoulis
10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
korlash is a duel mace power rage sorta like caine except i made him an urk and cant remember why anymore lol. and called shot is supposed to increase your chances of crits aswell. post the skill update i'm hoping he'll be a step ahead.

Prinny
10-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Im way ahead of you Caine Mr Champloo is getting those skills, he wields swords and is a Spite ;D
Than again it might be easier for Korlash to reach that build since he already has Called Shot on 10 and Mr Champloo can't train cripling Might yet^^

It should be fun to see how both of them will work out considering theyre both HoL glads ;)

Cynaidh
10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I want to start planning my guys for the new skills, its just wow we haven't had an official announcement on the progress in a while, heck just looked sneak peak II was 4 months ago, we still have what 3 more tiers to be revealed in sneak peak's, assuming we keep getting them 1 tier at a time it might be a long time off....

CaineDeSoulis
10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
yea I know it was a large reason I took a month off. and actually I'm more than likely going to take the rest of this month off until i can retire some gladiators and start building some new ones.

Alba Kebab
10-17-2012, 01:40 AM
I have called shot on Nittz for a similar reason, but not to lvl10, I'd say the accuracy improvement is much lower for rages than for the other 2 classes.
It makes sense that you can never be very accurate when raging, so unless you plan on not raging from time to time, called shot might not give as much payback as other skills for a rage.

Prinny
10-17-2012, 11:57 AM
I have called shot on Nittz for a similar reason, but not to lvl10, I'd say the accuracy improvement is much lower for rages than for the other 2 classes.
It makes sense that you can never be very accurate when raging, so unless you plan on not raging from time to time, called shot might not give as much payback as other skills for a rage.

Called shot uses Intellect, Agility and Presence as stats so that might be a reason why it would work less on rages seeing as most of them don't have a massive amount of points in the presence and intellect fields. Than again I never really run rages so I can't tell the difference :D

CaineDeSoulis
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
cya next month :)

sevenseas
10-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Called shot uses Intellect, Agility and Presence as stats so that might be a reason why it would work less on rages seeing as most of them don't have a massive amount of points in the presence and intellect fields. Than again I never really run rages so I can't tell the difference

I want to tell you called shot and devastating power work great together, all of my glads have these 2 skills...however, i have no glads that are a threat to the throne (this week:o). I've been experimenting with this build from my beginning,........................................ .........Cain will probably have better luck with them:mad:

CaineDeSoulis
10-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Stick with training called shot alba i think its scaling is extremely sharp. sorta like this

level 1 being 1-3%
level 2 being 3-6%
level 3 being 6-9%
level 4 being 9-12%
level 5 being 12-15%
level 6 being 15-18%
level 7 being 18-21 %
level 8 being 21-35%
level 9 being 40-50%
level 10 being 90-95%

it really doesent feel like there are any trains in it at all until level 8 or so.

CaineDeSoulis
10-22-2012, 08:24 PM
also are injuries healed during a fight? or after?

KORLASH moves with unbridled energy.
KORLASH's HEROIC HAMMER arcs toward VANTH.
VANTH kicks KORLASH in the chest knocking him out of striking range! (-Create Distance-)
KORLASH brutally smashes VANTH with his HEROIC HAMMER.
KORLASH looks to seriously damage VANTH's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
KORLASH's HEROIC HAMMER connects with VANTH's upper calf creating beastly damage! (+186 Damage)

VANTH's leg may always be in pain!!! *** Serious Injury ***
>> VANTH SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3
KORLASH darts furiously back and forth.
KORLASH tries to crush VANTH.
KORLASH roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
Unrivaled power helps drive the weapon into VANTH's lower thigh cracking bone and mangling flesh...it doesn't look good for VANTH! (+568 Damage)

Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!
VANTH has minor cuts and bruises on his body!
KORLASH flashes like wild fire around the arena.
KORLASH decides to attack with the other hand.
KORLASH seeks to squash VANTH with his WYRMBONE SMASHER.
KORLASH smiles after the mammoth hit to VANTH's Achilles tendon! (+132 Damage)
VANTH is bleeding from multiple flesh wounds!!
KORLASH runs frantically back and forth.
KORLASH's muscles flex as he ferociously lashes out with his WYRMBONE SMASHER.
Unrivaled power helps drive the weapon into VANTH's lower thigh cracking bone and mangling flesh...it doesn't look good for VANTH! (+132 Damage)

VANTH flies around as if on fire.
VANTH's WYRMWOOD SPLITTER hurls toward KORLASH.
Deep cut into KORLASH's arm opens the floodgates of blood! (+176 Damage)
VANTH moves furiously trying to gain the advantage.
VANTH stumbles as he lashes out with his WYRMWOOD SPLITTER.
After assessing the situation, VANTH decides against it.
VANTH slams his DREAMWOOD TOWER SHIELD forward.
VANTH goes for KORLASH's lower arm and connects with his DREAMWOOD TOWER SHIELD inflicting prolific injuries! (+103 Damage)
VANTH strikes at KORLASH and looks to kill him.
Wicked slash slices open KORLASH's chest...heart and lungs pureed, sickening! (+214 Damage)

Resisted Stun Effect!
KORLASH has taken some slight damage from this fight!
VANTH strikes back with his WYRMWOOD SPLITTER.
VANTH puts a hand up to his ear before attacking and the crowd roars his name! (-Strength of the Crowd-)
Wild upward slash removes KORLASH's face from his skull! (+236 Damage)

KORLASH cringes as his weapon drops to the ground after the strike!
KORLASH takes a step back to catch a quick breather.
R O U N D 2
KORLASH reaches down and grabs his HEROIC HAMMER from off the ground!
KORLASH darts madly around the arena.
KORLASH attempts to chop his opponent.
VANTH kicks KORLASH in the chest knocking him out of striking range! (-Create Distance-)
VANTH looks at the crowd as he dashes around the battle field.
VANTH sneaks in an off handed strike.
VANTH overtakes KORLASH and tries to hurt his adversary.
VANTH looks to sweep KORLASH with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Sweep-)
KORLASH drops to the ground grabbing his wound!
VANTH pelts uncontrollably to and fro.
VANTH smashes brutally at KORLASH.
VANTH aims for KORLASH's weapon arm.
Slash to KORLASH's sternum opens a sucking chest wound! (+292 Damage)

KORLASH has taken some heavy damage from this fight!!
KORLASH tries to attack from the ground.
KORLASH looks to hammer his enemy.
KORLASH is aiming at VANTH's leading leg.
A beastly wound is opened on VANTH's knee! (+204 Damage)

VANTH looks at the crowd as he races around the battle field.
VANTH slams his WYRMWOOD SPLITTER down with amazing force.
Bloody slash to KORLASH's side exposes several useful intestines! (+310 Damage)

>> VANTH SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2
KORLASH appears very concerned with his physical state!!!
KORLASH lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
KORLASH moves around on the ground looking for an opening to strike.
KORLASH's WYRMBONE SMASHER crashes down on VANTH with unrelenting force.
A stalwart wound is opened on VANTH's ankle! (+102 Damage)
>> VANTH SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3
VANTH appears very concerned with his physical state!!!
KORLASH attempts to strike from the ground.
KORLASH whirls his HEROIC HAMMER overhead and brings it crashing down onto VANTH.
The blow to VANTH's lower leg lands with freakish force! (+151 Damage)
KORLASH tries to attack from the ground.
KORLASH smashes brutally at VANTH.
Heavy shot crushes VANTH's shin sending bone fragments to adjacent areas...VANTH looks to the Enforcer with puppy dog eyes! (+151 Damage)

The fight lasted 17 seconds!
* Briteron By's Doctor was able to heal Vanth's back leg injury!

Alba Kebab
10-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Ah yes, I am aware the skill lvl scaling works something like that and it's not a straight 1+1 each time...
I was comparing the fact my theatric(Haark, retired) with called shot 4 was visibly more on target than my rage with called shot 7, even when the two had pretty close stats in int/agi/pres. The theatric did have slightly better int, but not that much.
I am continuing with Nittz's called shot training anyway, simply because I don't have a better place to put those points. :)

Injuries are healed after. I've created and hit serious injuries during a fight just fine, their doctor heal it at the end.