PDA

View Full Version : For all the haters...

Cynaidh
10-14-2012, 05:03 AM
...who said the only reason he was at the top was cause i had a small army protecting him.

http://i49.tinypic.com/o20sx.png

It wont last but still... In your face!

sevenseas
10-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Yuuup....the new kids are growing up so quickly....soon all of the old greats are just gonna be old, taking nice long dirt naps. I love the retirement stuff with the badass slaves we get out of it, but soon the big names of the pit are gonna get washed out by them...and we will have a very different primus bracket then... with Bigger Buzz sitting at the #1 spot forever! Sorry to whoever was wanting that spot for themselves but i called tappy's on it...the #2 spot will be vacant tho:rolleyes:

Cynaidh
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Yup I agree, probably about a month away i'd guess for one to be maxed out in skills and have enough stat points to take it. Just looking real fast an i see 7 HOL Glads in the top 50 of primus right now with Oedi having the highest ranked one.

Cynaidh
10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Grats Oedi!

oedi
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM
http://s19.postimage.org/gseqgywzz/holrecruittop10.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/gseqgywzz/)
The first HoL recruit visits the big league.
Zerosevenseven is my first of the new batch of gladiators, started only minutes after the update went live.

Cynaidh
10-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Very nice Oedi! lets see how much butt he kicks up there. My highest is about 220 fights behind him in fight count and still has a ton of skills to learn, but is creeping up the primus ranks.

Narol
10-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Sorry Sevenseas and Oedi, but my bets for the successor of Zeroeleven as Godfather of the Arena goes to Cynaid's "The Returned"....

He's a real monster and has already climbed to rank 22 of Primus, won't be long now in my opinion before he reaches the throne !!

Cynaidh
10-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Narol but man he has a lots of skills to go...

I was interested in that The Returned made it to the top 25 with only like 70 skill trains and then to rank 11 without Last Stand or the +250 hit point achievement (of course then he got a random match up with Belgarad and is back down to 18 rofl), but I am of the same mind set as Oedi in that having it will only make him better (got his first point in it today). Will have to see how he does in a week or two once i get more skills maxed out.

sevenseas
10-18-2012, 06:07 PM
i think i need advice on strats...i have a few boys that should be doing a little better and i just cant' seem to find the sweet spot in a glad...i think i'm doing better
but just can't break into the top 20 let alone top 10

Narol
10-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Would help if you tell which guys, Sevenseas...

Indeed the last steps to top 20 then top 10 are steep, all my glads took a hell of time to climb up there, you must be tenacious and it helps to know your ennemies and select carefully your challenges.

sevenseas
10-20-2012, 01:56 PM
maybe that's one of my hang ups...i need to get it out of my head to try take out one of those big fat wars up on the top...stick to what I'm good at...throwing bombs at glads i can HIT!

I think i have three glads with potential other than Bigger Buzz (he's doing good now and i want to see if i can at least make him a big boy on my own)
I'll put one up for now.

Silver Back
Level:
Record:
817-527-55
Bracket:
Primus
Ranking:
58th
Specialty:
Rage 2Hnd weapon
Race:
Snivler
Health:
Endurance:
Arena Challenge:

Sevenseas

Attributes:

Strength
Intellect
Agility
Stamina
Size
Presence
Chi

Trained in :

Two-Handed Weapons

Brute Force
Devastating Power
Blood Drunk
Sunder Armour
Armour Movement
Rampage
Last Stand

Overwhelming Presence

Total Carnage
Called Shot

With a fight strat of:

1. Act 4 bzrk BL6
2. i'm vry injrd killshot 7/3
3.i'm vry tired killshot 7/3
4. opp is vry active bzrk 8/3
5. opp is stunned bzrk 8/3

I've been fiddling with these strategies for a few weeks and he's getting better...but not good enough.....Now Silverback is naked to all of you...do not shame him....
I think that's all, i appreciate your help Narol...thanks.

Narol
10-21-2012, 08:50 AM
thanks for the trust, sevenseas, i'll try my best to help you...

silverback has a nice set of skills, and being a snivler is quite efficient against other rages and theatrics as he hits first and quite hard...

however he has a problem against heavily armored defensive wars and that's a problem as it's currently the most popular build in Primus.

what would i suggest to fix that ?

1) as Prinny underlined in another thread, a good way to beat them is to knock them down as they have less defense and even less attacks than usual when on the ground...so my first suggestion would be to drop blood drunk or devastating power in favor of barelling attack.

2) you also need to do a lot of damages to go through heavy armor and they usually have a lot of hp (especially trugs), so I would suggest to change your gears and achievements to raise your strenght much higher, in the 175-200 range and then your hits will really hurt them... Presence is useful for rage, but strenght is even more as almost all their skills rely on strenght...

I'll watch your matches to see if other improvements come to my mind, but that's the first ideas that come to my mind when I analyse your glad.

sevenseas
10-21-2012, 10:03 AM
cool....i'll have to wait till next week to drop a skill and add one...i had his Str up to like 170 or so once and yes he hit really hard just not often enough....but that could have been due to my strategies. I'll try it agian tho...thanks man.

Narol
10-21-2012, 10:26 AM
About strategies, I would also suggest to raise the basic strat to 7/6 bersek so that you hit more often... The problem is that you will make less damage with higher activity, so you will even more need higher strenght...

It could also be interesting to design a specific strat line against War and ground test what activity/bloodlust mix works the best against them...

Cynaidh
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I am sorry but take all of this:

1. Act 4 bzrk BL6
2. i'm vry injrd killshot 7/3
3.i'm vry tired killshot 7/3
4. opp is vry active bzrk 8/3
5. opp is stunned bzrk 8/3

and delete it :)

Seriously run him with 2 strat lines, he is a 2H rage cut that beast loose:

1 Default 10 Berzerk 10 attack some location, defend your head
2 I am trying to give up 10 Kill Shot 10 Same attack location, defend your head <--- this is an offensive move, when Last stand proc's you'll do a harder hit

Silver Back is a rage, he has to get pissed off, that 3 blood lust wont get him out of bed, jump that bad boy up and let him fly 10 activity with berzerk will get get you two attacks per round, you need both to have a chance. Seriously that's what my rages run right there.

As for build this is my "standard" build:

10 Weapon
10 Barreling Attack
10 Brute Force
10 Blood Drunk
10 Sunder Armor
10 Armour Movement
10 Rampage
10 Last Stand
10 Shock and Awe
10 Overwhelming Presence

The wild card slot is Blood Drunk, if you have sig move stun move those 10 points from Blood Drunk to Sig Move. If you want to try something different use those points first. This is the exact build Belgarad is running and with it he runs.... you guessed it 10 berserk 10.

Alba Kebab
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
You can sum that up as 'go hard or go home', hehe.

Cynaidh
10-22-2012, 05:11 AM
'go hard or go home'.

I like that. :)

Narol
10-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Sevenseas, I saw that Silver Back killed Eruption today, he's tough so that's quite a performance, congrats !

Did you implemented already some of the changes that Cynaidh and myself suggested you or was it with his old strat & build ?