PDA

View Full Version : VIVICE looks to be weighed down by his weapons and armour.

Sisterhood
02-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it doesn't seem right:

I started the game, I went undefeated my first 3 days. 6-0-0 record. On the beginning of the 4th day I died to the NPC fight in the Arena Challenges, Grom Ironjaw. I didn't have enough gold to buy an undertaker, so I fought both my next real player challenges and lost. Each of those started with the line "VIVICE looks to be weighed down by his weapons and armour." and I figured it was because of the 15% stat decreases. Even with the death and stat decreases my equipment is in the green, so I didn't know what to remove to make myself less tired. I just figured it was the stat decrease and let it go to suffer through those 2 death sick fights.

For the fight today I should've finally been all better. Vivice is still in the green in his equipment AND all his stats are back up but my fight starts with "VIVICE looks to be weighed down by his weapons and armour."

I never had that message before I died, wearing the same equipment. Now I can't get rid of it. Is it a bug?

PS. I'm a female player, and I named my stable sisterhood before I found out there were no female gladiators. Please add female gladiators, as soon as possible. I don't even care if the art or stats don't change, I just feel weird now that I named my stable Sisterhood and I can't buy a stable full of Amazons / Valkyries to make it true. ;)

Nate
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Hey Sisterhood,

I'll take a look at your gladiator and see what is going on.

Female gladiators are planned for future expansions and will have their own school and specialties. Until then you can think of your names as a psychological advantage meant to lull your victims into a false sense of security. Everyone expects to lose to a gladiator named "Bone Crusher" but who expects to lose to a gladiator with a pretty name like "Princess" or "Tulip", this can be your edge up on the competition! ;)

Good Luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
So I took a look at Vivice and he was the victim of a rounding issue. The UI only displays whole numbers but the math under the hood uses the real decimal number (i.e. your real encumbrance might have been putting you at 25.1% but the UI was rounding so it would display 25% and thus show green, but the fight engine used the real value and displayed you were wearing too much.)

I've fixed the UI to always round up, so this edge case won't happen again.

Good Luck!

-Nate-

Sisterhood
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you. I've been encumbered for 3 fights and lost them all, and didn't know it. I wouldn't have figured that out on my own, because I was in the green, and the death threw me off worse.

I appreciate the rounding up vs rounding down so this can't happen to me, or others.

Arkham
02-02-2011, 08:19 AM
I have seen this right at the 25% cusp. When a warrior is 24%, I sometimes am encumbered, and sometimes not.