PDA

View Full Version : Some newbie questions

Stablemaster Silverheart
10-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Hello fellow Stablemasters!

Just some basic questions I can't seem to find an answer for:

1: What is the max number of skillpoints I will have to spend as i assume you can't max all skills?

2: is there any point in banking my money?

3: Is there any significant difference between Counterattack and Parry?

4: Is there any real difference in terms of speed or damage between 2-h weapons and polearms?

5: is there any point in going into a fight with 1/1 setting? How would it compare to a 10/10 setting?

6: Should I focus on raising skills or stats (if skillpoints are limited)

Dainoji
10-13-2012, 07:18 PM
A lot of your question can be found by clicking on the question mark icon on each screen.

1: What is the max number of skillpoints I will have to spend as i assume you can't max all skills?

From the help text on the skills screen: "All skills and attributes can be trained a total of 10 times, but there is a skill cap of 100 total skill points."

2: is there any point in banking my money?

From the help text on the deposit screen: "When a gladiator challenges and beats another gladiator the winning gladiator's Master gets a percentage of the gold that the losing gladiator's Master has on hand (i.e. not protected in the bank) and is considered "spoils of war". By depositing gold into the bank it is no longer considered "on hand" and likewise is not subject to be taken as spoils of war."

3: Is there any significant difference between Counterattack and Parry?
Yes. Counter strike hits the guy after he hits you, a kind of you hit me I hit you. Parry will spend more time defending and attack every so often.

4: Is there any real difference in terms of speed or damage between 2-h weapons and polearms?
As a new manager I wouldn't concern yourself with minor details like this one, get a grasp of the game first and this will answer itself. Both are about the same though.

5: is there any point in going into a fight with 1/1 setting? How would it compare to a 10/10 setting?
Sure, when you are looking to conserve energy. Tanks might go into a fight at 1/1 while they absorb hits and tire their opponent out.

6: Should I focus on raising skills or stats (if skillpoints are limited)
Almost all your questions can be answered and then some in the player guides here: http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?922-Player-Guides. Read the guides and you'll find a lot of advice on what to do. For sure you'll want to focus on training your weapon skill up to 10 as soon as possible.