PDA

View Full Version : Best weapon versus Heavy Armor?

AngryVermin
10-11-2012, 05:48 AM
What do u guys thinks works best for you against heavy armor?

Alba Kebab
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Heavy weapons.

Apoca1ypse
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
heavier weapons, so axes and maces.

Jelle
10-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Logically blunt and piercing weapons would be best against heavy armor, smashy puncture weapons ofcourse, not something like a rapier.
I've no idea how this translates itself in this game though, would need to know how damage reduction from armor is calculated in.

AngryVermin
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I guess that I was specifically looking at axe vs flail vs hammer vs mace - assuming they are all 2 handed (or all single handed)

Cheers!

Cynaidh
10-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't really think it matters, if you have the skills behind it then any weapon will beat threw the heavy armors. Just need some strength and skills like brute force, feint, sunder armor.... to beat threw the armor.

Kreegan
10-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Axes and Maces, mostly - so much that Primus is currently having waaaay to many Axes/Maces fighters just because the top spots tend to be occupied mainly by Wars which need to be dealt with somehow (then again Primus is having waaaay too many copy-pasted builds in the first place, primarily based around Last Stand). Every weapon class - save the Shields of course - has its armour-piercing department though - the Bastard Sword is pretty effective vs. armour for the Blades, the 2H Maul does the job for the Two-handed weapons, etc.

oedi
10-13-2012, 02:35 AM
The real reason for the success of axe/mace is that its the easiest weapon class to use. You only need to pile up in strenght and your good to go.

Cynaidh
10-13-2012, 05:59 AM
then again Primus is having waaaay too many copy-pasted builds in the first place, primarily based around Last Stand

I agree, Last Stand is the have to have skill for everyone right now, Signature move became theatrics only so we can only hope Last Stand becomes rage only.

Signature Move: Stun is the same way, I am sure all the top manager's know how to make sure your glad will have Stun it wasn't that hard to figure out, there are a LOT of glads in the top of primus who have it but at least we know that's going to be removed for the rage's and warrior's who have it with the skill tree change.

oedi
10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
It is possible to have success without last stand ,I know because I got a few into top ten primus. But I suspect they wouldve been even better with last stand:(.