PDA

View Full Version : Berserk vs Bash or Slash for crits

AngryVermin
10-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Does Berserk have a lower chance of causing a serious injury than Slash or bash?

How can I tell when I do a serious injury or critical?

Do you need to have 2 handed weapon to have a better chance for crits and serious injury - or does it matter?

What about blood lust and activity level? In other words, assuming that I hit... If my blood lust and activity level are high - will the chance of crit be lower - even though i already got the hit?

Thank you for the help!

Cynaidh
10-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll take a stab at these:

1. I'd say no berserk does not have a lower chance of causing a serious injury, i get tons of injury causing hits when i run my rages with berserk, if anything you should get more injuries cause you attack more with berserk.

2. It says when you do a serious injury something like "BELGARAD's body is going to need a lot of work!!! *** Serious Injury ***" its kinda hard to miss. As for crits, I've always thought the hits where the damage line was red was a crit, could be wrong on that one.

3. No idea on this one, i see plenty of crits with both and have caused many an injury with both.

4. Again not sure, but since a high blood lust makes you do more damage at the expense of endurance and accuracy i'd think that a high blood lust would give harder hits which would make sense to do more injuries, and if it crit it would be for more damage then with a lower blood lust.

AngryVermin
10-16-2012, 06:11 AM
So crits do not require an accurate srike - just a strong strike.

Is that correct.

Cynaidh
10-16-2012, 06:39 AM
I'd say yes, I did a gladiator with low strength around 105 and massive agility i think it was 205 to see how that would work and the glad just didn't very hard at all and i didn't see many crits at all. Now if you reverse those stats, the glads i have seen with over 200 str have a red damage hit every hit it seems.

AngryVermin
10-17-2012, 05:21 AM
I see red hits all the time without serious injury or crit. Does red mean some type of serious injury or some type of deduct to the defenders stats?

Dainoji
10-17-2012, 05:30 AM
If your hit produces a graphic of an arm getting chopped off or something like that you did a crit. If you are looking for text that says "crit" you won't ever see that.