PDA

View Full Version : Srsly

Team Ziggler
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
remember a long time ago, with inactive achievements, and not being able to remove them from inactive slots. well that still happens, therefore with my massive amount of 0 trophies, it is impossible to remove achievements that i would otherwise use in the cash slots. EHRMAHGERD.

Team Ziggler
10-05-2012, 07:21 PM
when viewing my last fight against cypress ii, incredulous d doesnt exist apparently. I show up as entirely blank. theres a little arrow that i have to click to swap back and forth between the dudes. this is a normal arena fight. so whats up with that, also , hows things goin nate?

Oh, also, Team Ziggler Back up in this mofo/

Nate
10-06-2012, 09:27 AM
remember a long time ago, with inactive achievements, and not being able to remove them from inactive slots. well that still happens, therefore with my massive amount of 0 trophies, it is impossible to remove achievements that i would otherwise use in the cash slots. EHRMAHGERD.

Give it a try now.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
10-06-2012, 09:31 AM
when viewing my last fight against cypress ii, incredulous d doesnt exist apparently. I show up as entirely blank. theres a little arrow that i have to click to swap back and forth between the dudes. this is a normal arena fight. so whats up with that, also?

Was this on the area gates page when initiating an arena fight or when viewing the fight from the My Fights page? Regular match, Blood Games or Black Market Pit Fight?

hows things goin nate

Great, working hard as usual.

Oh, also, Team Ziggler Back up in this mofo

Welcome back!

Cynaidh
10-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I have seen the blank glad thing too a couple of times, the opponent his stats and gear are there but where my glad would be just a big blank black box when viewing the fight.

Also welcome back Ziggler

Nate
10-06-2012, 10:28 AM
I have seen the blank glad thing too a couple of times, the opponent his stats and gear are there but where my glad would be just a big blank black box when viewing the fight.

I'll ask you the same questions I asked Ziggler. Was this on the area gates page when initiating an arena fight or when viewing the fight from the My Fights page? Regular match, Blood Games or Black Market Pit Fight?

Thanks!

Cynaidh
10-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Regular match, on the page where you read a fight after initiating an arena fight. Does not happen every time.

Team Ziggler
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for fixin that again man.

also, i have no idea which fight it was, but if i run across it again, ill give ya a heads up.

Cynaidh
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Also happening when viewing bloodgame results from the bloodgame results page:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ymde93.png

Dainoji
10-08-2012, 10:36 PM
If it helps at all Nate I don't get the same result as Cynaidh when trying to read the fight in the screenshot he posted, it looks normal for me with a gladiator on the left and right.

Prinny
10-09-2012, 07:50 AM
If it helps at all Nate I don't get the same result as Cynaidh when trying to read the fight in the screenshot he posted, it looks normal for me with a gladiator on the left and right.
Same for me ive never seen an invisible gladiator~

Nate
10-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the extra info, I think I tracked it down and have uploaded a fix. If anyone sees it again please let me know.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
10-09-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't know if this is related to the same problem, but after the last update from time to time I can't see some of the details about the fighting gladiators - stable, race, etc. Here's how it looks:

Also, the My Fights section in the Arena lacks the date/hour part in the [] brackets after I view a fight which looks like the above. Going to some other section - say the Blacksmith - and returning to the Arena restores the things to normal but it happens again after a few fights are viewed.

Nate
10-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't know if this is related to the same problem, but after the last update from time to time I can't see some of the details about the fighting gladiators - stable, race, etc. Here's how it looks:

Also, the My Fights section in the Arena lacks the date/hour part in the [] brackets after I view a fight which looks like the above. Going to some other section - say the Blacksmith - and returning to the Arena restores the things to normal but it happens again after a few fights are viewed.

When is the last time you saw this? After I posted I fixed the bug in this thread or before?

Kreegan
10-09-2012, 09:09 PM
After that, just before I posted the screenshot.

Nate
10-09-2012, 10:19 PM
After that, just before I posted the screenshot.

That's strange. I have a few questions for you:

1) Does this happen at the arena gates or only when viewing a fight from the "my fights" screen?
2) Do you recall if you were able to mouse over the gear and get the tooltips when this happens?
3) Can you reproduce this regularly?
4) Do you have a case right now where you can reproduce it?
5) What browser and OS are you using?

Thanks!

-Nate-

Kreegan
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
1) Only when My Fights are viewed I think;
2) I haven't tried it but will do;
3) It happens regularly, will make a screenshot when it happens again;
4) Not right now but I'm on a different PC;
5) I'm mostly logging from work :p where the OS is Win XP and it looks like there's no problem with it (will check a few times during the day to be certain). At home I'm with Win 7. The browser is Mozilla in both cases and should be up to date on both PCs although there could be minor differences. On this (Win XP) PC it's 14.0.1.

Nate
10-09-2012, 10:55 PM

Is anyone else seeing this bug? Any and all info is helpful. Thanks!

Kreegan
10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
So, it seems like it's OS-independent as it happens on both Win XP and Win 7 (well, Windows-independent that is). The Mozilla version that I have at home is newer though - 15.0.1 - and it seems to happen much more often on it.
Anyway, replicating the bug will be rather difficult as it seems to happen when random links (Blacksmith, Stable, etc.) on the page are clicked before going to the Arena. As mentioned above, sometimes just before entering the details of the respective fight, the date/hour portion of the fight description is missing. Example below (the screenshot is some 10 minutes old):

When some of the fight reports is entered, it always misses Race, Stable, Record, etc. info. Here's a screenshot taken right after the above one:

As for this part:

2) Do you recall if you were able to mouse over the gear and get the tooltips when this happens?

I tried it and it doesn't display anything, like the items are just a background that can't be interacted with in any way. The attributes (Strength, Intellect and so on) can be "highlighted" on the same page though.

Nate
10-11-2012, 06:21 AM
I tried for a good part of the day to reproduce this and have been unable to. I uploaded a change anyhow that might make a difference, please let me know if you still see if happening, and that goes for everyone! :)

Kreegan
10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Still happens. It's nothing game-breaking though, just a minor annoyance, so don't bother so much. Thanks for checking anyway.

Nate
10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
While not game breaking it is annoying and new players could be confused and turned off if it is happening to them. When you have some time and if you are willing to dig in a little deeper please try and play the game in Chrome and IE if you have those browsers and see if it happens in them as well.

Thanks!

Kreegan
10-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Sure, will check it out. And by the way since the fix that you uploaded yesterday, the glitch doesn't seem to happen on my home PC any more (Win 7, Mozilla 15.0.1), however it still messes the things up once in a while on my work PC (Win XP, Mozilla 14.0.1). Will run some further test this weekend with Mozilla 14.0.1 and IE and will let you know how it goes.