PDA

View Full Version : Silver equipedt guys ...

Kastiel
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Is it normal to loose to silver equiped guys when my items are 70% blue ? It's kinda annoying when I am 70% superior and loose ..

Toop55
10-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah it's normal for you to lose against those people usually those blue items or purple won't guarantee the win it just means you have better armor and even then they could still have better armor than you depending on there level it also depends on your stats and his stats as well normally a lower stat glad will lose down at lower levels if your talking about tavern fights then its inevitable to lose at least once

Prinny
10-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Ive nvr lost a tavern fight lol how can you even lose those? o.o"

uglyteam
10-04-2012, 12:02 PM
sometimes they are strong...

Dainoji
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Is it normal to loose to silver equiped guys when my items are 70% blue ? It's kinda annoying when I am 70% superior and loose ..

Silver? Do you mean Gray or White? Either way, superior strategies and build can overcome gear to a certain extent, so slapping on the best gear on a gladiator with poor strategies and build isn't going to bring home the champion's crown. You also have to look at what level your gear is. If you are level 20 wearing level 1 blues, then level 20 gray and whites are probably better than your blue items. If you lose a few times I wouldn't worry about it, but if it is happening a lot, then you'll want to focus on your strategies and build.

Alba Kebab
10-04-2012, 10:03 PM
At the lower lvls, a good glad with grey gear will still kick a weak glad with good gear easily.
I don't usually start buying green equipment for my new guys until they start losing...:p

Kastiel
10-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Toop55 it's about arena fights
My equipment is 70% superior to their with stats, level,armor everything, thats why I said that in first place, and my glad is better then theirs to, and this is my strategy
i48.tinypic.com/aphhfn.png

Dainoji
10-05-2012, 04:45 AM
my glad is better then theirs to

How do you know that? Did you get a scouting report on the other gladiator or are you just assuming your gladiator is better?

Kreegan
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Ive nvr lost a tavern fight lol how can you even lose those? o.o"I guess you've never fought a War creep with grey gear, armed with some broken halberd, who deals 800 damage per hit. Don't know how this happens but it just does, from time to time. Additionally, it's not that hard to get knocked out by some of the tavern guys, especially when you fight hundreds of them in a month.

Kastiel
10-05-2012, 11:33 PM
How do you know that? Did you get a scouting report on the other gladiator or are you just assuming your gladiator is better?
I look to their slave stats when I fight in black market .

Alba Kebab
10-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Well now that you can see the stats of your opponent in the battle screen, it's easy to tell who has better stats. So all that's left to consider is who has the better strategy set up.

Kastiel
10-06-2012, 01:13 AM
I changed my strategy to attack and defend limbs, because they have the least armor, btw how much damage armor reduces ? just fighted with nightmare and he does 95dmg to torso and limb ?

Dainoji
10-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Well now that you can see the stats of your opponent in the battle screen, it's easy to tell who has better stats. So all that's left to consider is who has the better strategy set up.

You've always been able to see how your attributes stack up against the other guy, that is what the +, - and = where telling you.

Kastiel
10-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Here 1 example
i45.tinypic.com/2ujtssp.png
and his items are all grey
head 2 armor
arms 2
torso 13
legs 3 and 4
main hand exotic 27-45 43dmg per sec
off hand exotic 8-18 39dmg per sec

and my items are
main hand 99dmg per second
off hand 63dmg per second
head 23 armor
arms 23 and 39
legs 32 and 38
torso 33
And this guy was able to hit me with 137dmg and my biggest hit was 90 I think and 50-60dmg, and he was hitting me with 90-130 like crazy ... I was aiming for hands and he .. well he was doing that high damage to every part

Dainoji
10-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Looking at that screenshot I see your glad is only level 18 and that is still very young. This game is about a lot more than just your gear and your attributes. Two very important aspects that you aren't taking into account is your build vs. his build and your strategies vs. his strategies. This is a strategy game after all.

If you have a purple weapon and no skill in it you'll lose almost every time to a gladiator with a gray weapon and 10 skill points in it and this is even more true at the early levels where weapon skill is probably the most important skill. What is your skill level now with your weapon? If it isn't 10, then train it up to 10 and I think you'll find you'll start doing much better.

Since your gladiator is a war glad, check this out this guide for a lot more details and help.

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?677-War-Guide