PDA

View Full Version : need some rage vets' advice...

Alba Kebab
10-01-2012, 02:17 AM
new rage slave:

St In Ag St Si Pr Ch
79 82 75 72 82 78 83

dual weapon or 2h weapon? dual or 2h, dual or 2h... I'm so undecided

Cynaidh
10-01-2012, 04:46 AM
I'll vote Duel weapon. :)

That's a very interesting glad, i'd probably go duel maces run two war axes for the speed.

Alba Kebab
10-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Good point about speed. I went 2h first for the lusty kills at low lvls...:p
But suppose I can always switch it over later when speed would be more desirable over kill counts once she gets high enough in lvl.

Oh well, on to the build first, then I'll know what she's good for.

sevenseas
10-02-2012, 07:25 AM
is that one of those fancy new slaves from the HOL retirement, or was that just luck to find a regular slave with those stats?

Cynaidh
10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
I was assuming it was HOL Slave with those stats. Why i would go duel wield be better off in the long run.

Alba Kebab
10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
I'ts a fancy HOL retired slave of course, cost over 1060g.

Alba Kebab
10-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Would a dw rage be able to do without the sunder armor skill? I sadly do not have any dw axe/mace glad of any school to know how the damage would measure up vs heavy armor.
If I can do without it, that's 10 valuable points I can put elsewhere.

Kreegan
10-03-2012, 02:16 AM
Isn't this slave waaaay too smart for a Rage? :p

Cynaidh
10-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Nothing wrong with a smart rage, just means more weapon skill. :)

I have never ran a rage without sunder armor personally but I think its a key skill it hits hard, and it makes all attacks after it hit harder.

For example:

BELGARAD swings his EPIC HAND AXE with awesome force.
BELGARAD looks to seriously damage VILLAGE FOO's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
BELGARAD's attack lands on VILLAGE FOO's wrist creating titanic wounds! (+428 Damage)

VILLAGE FOO screams as he gets knocked to the ground by the massive shot!
BELGARAD spins around before lashing out with a brutal backhanded attack.
VILLAGE FOO backs up a few inches as BELGARAD descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
A mammoth wound is opened on VILLAGE FOO's shoulder blade! (+1370 Damage)

Alba Kebab
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
More str and Sta over brains would be nice, but you gotta roll with what you got. :p

Personally I don't like my guys too dumb, but that's probably my experience with theatrics speaking.

sevenseas
10-04-2012, 03:27 AM
I've been playing with intellect and rage lately, and haven't really seen a benefit. Of course that might have to do with a lack of experience on my part.
But while we're here talking about rage advice, can anyone help me with getting more attacks out of my 2H rages, they hit reeely hard 2-3 times per fight, but i lose too many to faster hard hitting glads. Or my DW rages just can't get their activity right...is it poor defense??...any tips?

Cynaidh
10-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Sevenseas, to be honest i think that rage is the easiest glad to "over think" most of the time i run them 10 Berserk 10 and that really just works on a rage, the only thing i play with is hit location.

If you have around 100 agility with your gear on a two-handed rage running that above strategy you "should" attack twice a round, three times in a round when last stand goes off.

BUT the biggest problem your going to run into is warriors, now it happens that warriors are (in my opinion) probably the most over powered style right now so their are a ton of them in the sands and they can have a lot of skills that will lower your number of attacks and allow them to attack first each round including: Barreling Attack, Create Distance, Warcry, Hamstring, Armour Movement and signature move: stun. While at the same time they never miss an attack due to Athleticism and 90% of them now have Last Stand so even when you do get them low you have to be able to take 2 hard hitting attacks (brute force) from the two-handed weapons they are using and still be able to finish them off.

ithylight
10-04-2012, 07:52 AM
What does a HOL slave means?

Cynaidh
10-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Halls of Legends, once you get a gladiator to meet the following criteria:

Must have reached the Primus bracket.
Must have greater than a 55% win ratio.
Must have 1500 total fights or more.
Must be level 50 or higher.
Not fighting in the Blood Games.

You can "retire" them into the halls of legends, when you do this the slave market gets "super slaves" till you buy one, they have better stats then normal slaves and cost 950-1200 gold to buy. These slaves are referred to as HOL Slaves.

Prinny
10-04-2012, 08:54 AM
While at the same time they never miss an attack due to Athleticism and 90% of them now have Last Stand so even when you do get them low you have to be able to take 2 hard hitting attacks (brute force) from the two-handed weapons they are using and still be able to finish them off.

Actually Laharl has been fumbling lately even though he has 10 wep attack and 10 athleticism ;)

Cynaidh
10-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Actually Laharl has been fumbling lately even though he has 10 wep attack and 10 athleticism

I'd do a bug report :P

Kreegan
10-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Barreling Attack, Create Distance, Warcry, Hamstring, Armour Movement and signature move: stun. While at the same time they never miss an attack due to AthleticismI strongly doubt that many Wars will have both Athleticism and Last Stand and having them both along with Signature Move is just not possible, except if you sacrifice either War Cry or Hamstring which I guess no sane War manager will do. :p

But while we're here talking about rage advice, can anyone help me with getting more attacks out of my 2H rages, they hit reeely hard 2-3 times per fight, but i lose too many to faster hard hitting glads. Or my DW rages just can't get their activity right...is it poor defense??...any tips? It's not about activity, it seems to be related to encumbrance + weapon type combo. It seems that Blades are faster than Hammers/Axes which are in turn faster than 2H weapons when it comes to who will swing first. Then comes the encumbrance of the gladiator - it doesn't matter that you're all green (no Rage will ever enter the yellow part of the encumbrance level), the lighter fighters still appear to be faster than you. My Rages - all Humans - have always been lightly armoured even for their class and this allows them to attack first in quite many cases, even against Wars and Snivler Rages (of course this also means that when they get hit, it hurts a lot...).

oedi
10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
I strongly doubt that many Wars will have both Athleticism and Last Stand and having them both along with Signature Move is just not possible, except if you sacrifice either War Cry or Hamstring which I guess no sane War manager will do.
being sane is no requirement to play this game well.;), and I think you should redo the skill count.

Actually Laharl has been fumbling lately even though he has 10 wep attack and 10 athleticism
I'd do a bug report :P
its no bug, this has to do with his opponents and what kind of fighting style and skills they use.

Kreegan
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
My bad, you have to sacrifice them both. :D

Cynaidh
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Its not that hard of a build really:

I'd say the base is and this is the build Zmash and Black Talon used (BT used Mace/Axe instead of 2-handed but rest was same):

Barreling Attack 10, Brute Force 10, Last Stand 10
Two-Handed Weapon 10, Feint 10, Created Distance 10, Armour Movement 10, War Cry 10, Hamstring 10, Athleticism 10

Now if you where lucky enough to have Signature move: Stun, then you would just put signature move points from either barreling attack or Feint to it.

So then you'd be looking at:

Barreling Attack 3, Brute Force 10, Last Stand 10
Two-Handed Weapon 10, Feint 10, Created Distance 10, Armour Movement 10, War Cry 10, Hamstring 10, Athleticism 10
Signature move 7

Sure it takes over a hundred trophies to pull off but that or one of its variants (like Death from Above instead of Feint) is easily the top spec in the game right now.

Prinny
10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
being sane is no requirement to play this game well.;), and I think you should redo the skill count.

its no bug, this has to do with his opponents and what kind of fighting style and skills they use.

Ive also seen him fumble against rages which is pretty hilarious especially when he throws his weapon away xD (Yes he tends to do that by himself, guess the steroids finally got the better of him and he's displaying macho behavior lol)

Cynaidh
10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
steroids finally got the better of him

Always knew you where on the juice! or the clear.... what ever they call it now :)

Prinny
10-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Always knew you where on the juice! or the clear.... what ever they call it now :)

How could you not know? I extracted it from your stables "Special Ingredient" that you put in your glads booze before they go to bed each night ;D

Kreegan
10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Barreling Attack 10, Brute Force 10, Last Stand 10
That scenario involves untraining existing skills and redistributing the points, I was talking about the poor man's approach.

Cynaidh
10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
That scenario involves untraining existing skills and redistributing the points, I was talking about the poor man's approach.

Yup i said that at the bottom of that post that build takes trophies to make, 60 to be exact (if you do the stun version its 180ish, crazy how much more those 6 points in stun cost)... but if you want to live in the top 10 of primus your going to do stuff like that to have the best skills. Hell that's a mild build, some of the theatrics builds that have last stand, athleticism and heavy scarring.... those take several hundred trophies to make and their are glads running that build right now.