PDA

View Full Version : Some unexplained questions

JustMe
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi there all glads around.

I'm new to this game. Congrats to Outcast Games for creating this funny, easy and addictive game. Keep up your good work.
The only I miss is some more explanation about certain game aspects.

I got several questions that I cannot manage to get an answer:

1.- The Armory, it reduces repairing costs. It also gives some weapons each upgrade, but does the armory "creates" more new weapons over time? Or just a new weapons stock only each upgrade?

2.- I bought a new glad from slave market. I set it to be Trug since I want an offensive War. This Trug slave has 61 size. Right now, my previous gladiator has 59 size. Everything seems ok, but when I compare heights and weights, I see my Trug is 244 cm height and 3299 Kg weight. But now, here comes the problem: when I fight in tavern agains a Trug, they got the same height and weight, but more Size stat. How can this be possible? Since from my human to my Trug glads a 3 points difference in size stat means 100 or 200 more Kg and 100 more cm in height, how can the Tavern's Trugs be my same width and height, but have more size stat?

3.- How can I earn trophies without getting them from inviting ppl? I read in game that arena challenges can give trophies, fighting in challenges costs trophies and i don't have anymore trophies... This is kindy annoying IMO.

4.- I would like to know who created the game drawings. I can't see any credits around. Any link where I can see?

5.- Something that is pissing me off is the attack speed. Right now, my weapon attk speed is 1.15, and agility is 63. In a fight against another player he was using a weapon with attk speed of 1, and he has my same agility. He was not unemcumbered and using light armor like me. If maths doesn't go wrong, I should perform one extra attack after 8.69 attacks, then when I commit 8.69 attacks, he should do 7.69. So, before dealing that amount of attacks, both of us should perform one attacks almost in parallel.
But the combat log doesn't says that. The other player only managed to perform one attack in the whole combat, that last something like 5 or 6 rounds. How the heck is that possible?

6.- How combat ranks in Arena and Black Market works? So far I only fight in Black Market against level 3 glads, while my glad is 6.

7.- When in a fight, I see the enemy stats with those + and -, that means that my glad has + or - in such stat, of does it means that the enemy has + or - in such stat?

8.- Does Presence stat influences my chance to kill the enemy, or only the chance for him to be saved? I mean, if I got triple presence than my enemy, does he get a negative bonus and gets easy to be killed, or it only affects me?

9.- When I started out with my first glad, tavern "quests" gave me something like 5, 6 or 7 exp and around 15 coins each. But after purchasing the second glad, they only give me 1 or 2 exp and little amount of gold: 1 or 2. What has happened here?

10.- Whats death sickness i read around?

That's all thnx in advance.

Prinny
09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
1.- New weapon stocks with each upgrade, it's 1 of the best upgrades out there especially if you go all purple since it reduces the cost for repairing by alot.

2.- Tavern is weird, the gladiators are weak and it's totally neglectable (Atleast that's what i think of it) So ive never really paid much attention to it unless I wanted to test out attack speed compared to fumbling of weapons.

3.- Yea I still believe that they should change it back to the old system, you used to be able to get 1 trophy a day in exchange of 150 gold but it got replaced with the refer a friend program, also Arena Challenges don't have to cost a trophy, you get a free try at it each day.

4.- I believe outcast games did that themselves.

5.- Attack speed influences the amount of attacks a gladiator gets each round not the total amount of attacks in the fight, a 1.15 speed weapon can get as many hits as a 1.55 speed weapon aslong as the agility is high enough and activity setting on their fighting strategy is set high enough. your opponent could have a higher activity setting or yours just isn't high enough.

6.- It's based on lvl however since youre lvl 6 you will also fight gladiators of lower/higher lvls, at 50 the only ones ive fought so far were lvl 50

7.- + on the enemy means the enemy has higher stats than your gladiator, - means he has lesser stats and the = means theyre equal

8.- Higher Presence means more kills and a lesser chance to be killed

9.- If it's just on the new glad that would be because he/she is of lower level. I honestly never paid attention to this, but tavern quests are the smallest source of income in this game so it's fairly neglectable.

10.- When you die and don't have the undertaker maxed your gladiator will get a penalty to his attributes eg Strength, Stamina,Agility

Others feel free to add stuff^^

JustMe
09-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for all answers.

But I still don't understand the + and - in stats.

I have just fought against a gladiator that has + on his size, then that should be that such enemy is bigger (has more size) than my gladiator. But that gladiator had less height and less weight. How can you explain this?
Here is the proof:

i.imgur.com/xS3RO.png

Dainoji
09-29-2012, 08:46 AM
It's quite simple.

+ means the other glad's attribute is higher than yours
- means the other glad's attribute is less than yours
= means the other glad's attribute is the same as yours

The size attribute doesn't mean the other glad is actually bigger than you, it is relative to their race. if one glad is a Trug their average height and weight is going to be much bigger than a Spite. A size 100 Spite might be 4 feet tall. A size 50 Trug is probably still 6 feet tall because Trugs are naturally big.

In real life think of it like this. A size 100 cat is still smaller than a size 50 Elephant. The size 100 cat just means he is the biggest cat in the world but still smaller than an elephant, whereas a size 50 elephant is just an average sized elephant.

JustMe
09-30-2012, 02:25 AM
It's quite simple.

+ means the other glad's attribute is higher than yours
- means the other glad's attribute is less than yours
= means the other glad's attribute is the same as yours

The size attribute doesn't mean the other glad is actually bigger than you, it is relative to their race. if one glad is a Trug their average height and weight is going to be much bigger than a Spite. A size 100 Spite might be 4 feet tall. A size 50 Trug is probably still 6 feet tall because Trugs are naturally big.

In real life think of it like this. A size 100 cat is still smaller than a size 50 Elephant. The size 100 cat just means he is the biggest cat in the world but still smaller than an elephant, whereas a size 50 elephant is just an average sized elephant.

That pretty much explains it all. Thnx.

[EDIT]

One more question: what is Weapon attk and def power? Ok, it's how much damage can inflict or deflect, but teh question is: how does it affects damage/defense? where can I see that "power" reflected? Even when raising my weapon proficiency skill, I don't see any change in weapon damage in equipment screen.

sevenseas
10-02-2012, 04:51 PM
i have never seen or heard of numbers on a weapons defensive capabilities, I'm pretty sure that solely relies on weapon speed and your stats. But I kind of think you're asking about activity and blood lust in your fight strategy. A higher activity gives more chance of attack/block with smaller damage, with a lower activity giving less attack/block and higher damage. A low blood lust i believe delivers less damage while using less endurance, and a high blood lust delivers higher damage while burning more endurance. Of course race, weapon speed, strength, agility, stamina, and.....luck (yup luck) all factor into it as well, all i can say is keep experimenting until you find your glads sweet spot:o And to the best of my knowledge training your weapon to lvl 10 only gives more attack/block potential, and not much for actual damage. Damage is dependent on the weapon, your skills (rampage, feint, and weapon skill) and your strength.

JustMe
10-03-2012, 12:10 AM
i have never seen or heard of numbers on a weapons defensive capabilities, I'm pretty sure that solely relies on weapon speed and your stats. But I kind of think you're asking about activity and blood lust in your fight strategy. A higher activity gives more chance of attack/block with smaller damage, with a lower activity giving less attack/block and higher damage. A low blood lust i believe delivers less damage while using less endurance, and a high blood lust delivers higher damage while burning more endurance. Of course race, weapon speed, strength, agility, stamina, and.....luck (yup luck) all factor into it as well, all i can say is keep experimenting until you find your glads sweet spot:o And to the best of my knowledge training your weapon to lvl 10 only gives more attack/block potential, and not much for actual damage. Damage is dependent on the weapon, your skills (rampage, feint, and weapon skill) and your strength.

No, I was talking about weapon proficiency skills. For example, 2Hand weapons proficiency says "Increases weapon attack and defense power". I just want to know what exactly is such power, and when does it comes into play, or where can I see affecting my damage or defense.