PDA

View Full Version : Blacksmith / Tavern Fight Loot Level

Arkham
01-29-2011, 05:09 AM
Quite a few times now my older warriors have been trouncing through the tavern fights and found an old crappy white sleeve/buckler/knife/whatever. I think, oh exciting, I can make 2 extra gold or give this to the noobie.

Then I check the level and that 4 armor cloth sleeve is a level 14 item. I say remove the terrifying level restrictions on the crap!

The same holds true for the blacksmith. My new guy can't get some decent white gear because it is (most of the time) restricted to levels where it just isn't used.

Dainoji
01-30-2011, 05:11 AM
The blacksmith resets his items based off the first gladiator you walk into his shop with, so walk in with the gladiator you want to shop with and you'll see whites in his range.

Blackwill
01-30-2011, 04:41 PM
When you switch gladiators, you can select the "New Items" option, as well. Many times this will re-set the items to the current gladiator's level (or not)...for a 50 gold re-stocking fee, of course.

I have noticed, though, that many, many times I cannot find a weapon of the type my current gladiator is skilled in without hitting the "New Items" button several times.

It would seem to be a bit more efficient for the engine to check the current gladiators skill-set, and gear the "New Items" to that set. After all, if I'm not skilled in Pole Arms or Exotic weapons, I'm not going to buy one, no matter how many times they are offered.

Team Kaos
01-30-2011, 04:48 PM
"It would seem to be a bit more efficient for the engine to check the current gladiators skill-set, and gear the "New Items" to that set. After all, if I'm not skilled in Pole Arms or Exotic weapons, I'm not going to buy one, no matter how many times they are offered."

A bit more cost effective also. Could not begin to imagine how much gold I've spent hitting the "new items" button for both the front counter and COP.
Thus far I have been chalking it up to the cost of doing business.