PDA

View Full Version : We need more guides! For...

h0B0
09-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Myself and probably more need more information on:

Races: Can we have more specific details on the bonuses given by races. I ended up with a glad who had decent stamina, but had 20% less endurance then his opponent.

Weapons and attack styles: I find it hard to guess which attack types go with which weapons. It appears swords seem to use slash but, a short sword is primarily a piercing weapon and so is the dagger. And have you ever tried "slashing" with a broad sword?

Vets inputs would be appreciated.

Dainoji
09-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Weapons and attack styles: I find it hard to guess which attack types go with which weapons. It appears swords seem to use slash but, a short sword is primarily a piercing weapon and so is the dagger. And have you ever tried "slashing" with a broad sword?

This pretty straight forward and I think people are over thinking this.

1) If it has a pointy end = you can lunge with it.

2) If it has a sharp edge = you can slash with it.

3) If it has a blunt surface or a lot of mass = you can bash with it.

4) If it has any combination of the above three = you can lunge and or slash and or bash with it. This isn't a case where weapons only have one function.

Let's take a look at some of your questions.

Short Sword - It has a point and it has a sharp edge, so lunge and slash with it.
Dagger - Same as the short sword.
Broad sword - Same as the short sword and dagger.

Some gladiators have found success bashing with the larger swords, and your opponent's armor factors into the equation as well, but if you are unsure on what to do, just remember the four simple rules above and you won't go wrong. :)

h0B0
09-27-2012, 05:24 PM
woa, that was very usefull.

thank you.

JustMe
09-30-2012, 03:42 AM
In real life, I saw somewhere a polearm that could be used for slash, bash and lunge.

Lunge with pointy end.
Slash with sharp edge in front part.
Bash with blunting surface in the back part (a hammer-like part just back of the sharp edge)

Now, in game i'm not sure if this can work. The drawings of the polearms I could see can only lunge or slash because doesnt have blunting surface in back part, but I'm not sure if the drawing = how weapon will work.

Whatever, only War gladiators can use polearms.

Also, morning starts with spikes will Bash and Lunge within the same hit. Or maces with large spikes too. But again, that sounds like it's only the drawing, and game programming considers them only like a bashing weapon.

And we also got tridents. If you read about ancient roman gladiators, the trident was used as piercing, using pointy ends, but also bashing using the whole trident head with a wide arc movement of the weapon towards the adversary.

And as Dainoji said, Broadsword can be used also for slashing, piercing but also bashing.