PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Jelle
09-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Hello there. Introducing myself, manager of a stable named Honorbound, wich you may or may not have in seen in game.
I've been playing this game for a couple of months now, never thought to introduce myself as I thought it'd just be a quick timesink for a couple of hours but after playing as long as I have I realize just how mistaken I was; thus ot rectify a brief hello. :)

Actually I was also hoping to learn a thing or two in here on how to better manage my stable. I currently have a single gladiator in the Primus bracket (her name is Aegis) and hoping to get my second most veteran fighter up there as well.
Since blood games are coming up and I'm really hoping to join I thought it would be best to learn as much as possible in order to compete. I can also only hope you guys who will be competing as well will go easy on me. :eek:

So yeah, love the game and glad to be seeing you guys in the arena!

Kreegan
09-26-2012, 05:51 AM
Hiya. On the Blood Games matter - don't enter just for the sake of it, it's not an economically sound decision. There are rewards only for the first 10 and of them only the first 5 get something more or less substantial. The gold reward per fight - even if your fighter wins - is lower than the repair cost of the equipment in case it's mostly composed of blue and purple items (and if it's not, you definitely have no business in the Blood Games) and the serious injuries stay, costing you extra 2800 or so gold per (level 1) wound. In short, in the vast number of cases the only thing that you will win from the Blood Games is extra expenses. If you want to compete for the top 10, better equip all Achievement slots of your fighters because they stand no chance otherwise - except if they are exceptionally good killers - simply because all the fighters who really compete for the top are also achievement-boosted and no matter what you may read around, strategy alone will not help you beat them. :)

Dainoji
09-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Welcome Jelle, don't pay too much attention to Kreegan, he's cornered the market on negativity. The blood games are a great experience win or lose and a lot of fun to boot. With the recent gold boost it's near impossible to not be drowning in it so don't worry about the expenses they'll be negligible especially if you're fighting in the black market as well. Chances are you aren't going to finish in the top 10 your first go, but who cares it'll be a lot of fun, you'll learn a lot and be all the more prepared for the next one.

Alba Kebab
09-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Aloha and welcome, I've seen Aegis around a few times I think, hope she's not too sore ;)

Don't worry too much about the performance of your first few glads, just use it to learn. My first glad barely made it into Primus before a strange state of constant death took him over...:p

Kreegan
09-26-2012, 06:43 AM
The experience can be gained in the regular Primus fights as well. In the end, you'll see for yourself and find out who's right. :)

Prinny
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Who cares about winning the bloodgames! :D (well ok we all want to win it lol) I would suggest to enter it either way unless you plan on selling/trading your gladiator for a new one. i will be entering Asatsuo although I know he isn't gonna win this and pulling out Yuki Onna since I want to trade her in for a rage (Which I haven't run in a long time but I want to try something lol)

Jelle
09-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Thank you for the kind words.
Indeed I have no hopes of even having a remote chance of winning the blood games, and I'm sure I never will but in the end it seems like a fun experience. How does the saying go; participating is more important then winning?
Anyway I should be good on cash, ever since I started avoiding rages like the plague and have been having to make less visits to the temple my expenses have dropped somewhat and I've had a fair profit.