PDA

View Full Version : Barreling attack

Globulon
09-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Is there anything you can do about it once it happens or is it random how long it takes to get back to your feet? It can be a death sentence.

Kreegan
09-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Barreling Attack can't be countered (except if the armour deflects it) but from my experience gladiators who use some kind of defensive strategy take much longer to get back up than those who attack. I once tested Tank (10 Activity) with one of my Wars when he's on the ground and while this reduced the damage greatly as expected, the idiot just refused to get back up 5 or 6 consecutive rounds. This happened several times and I switched to a different strategy. Something similar seems to happen if your fighter is instructed to parry + attack. The activity level may also be taken into account, not sure.

Alba Kebab
09-20-2012, 11:42 PM
It also depends on your glad's build, my speedy agile theatrics almost always jump back up straight away, but when my big war goes down, he could be down on the ground for the whole fight...which tend not to last long when that happens.

Seems those on high activity/high agility/low encumbrance jumps back onto their feet the fastest.