PDA

View Full Version : help with def hybrid war

hcdbh14
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Okay so I want to make a mace/shield hybrid def war that relies on knockback skills picking up all the knockback skills, I all so want to rush master of arms skills without even touching the weapon skills so I'm afraid that my glad will suck at the beginning but will really start to shine after master of arms will be maxed.
so here's my skill list

feinnt-5 points

barreling attack-1 point (will max later on)

create distance-10 points

death from above-10 points

grim determination-10 points

athleticism-10 points

master of arms-10 points

barreling attack- 10 points

called shot or iron jaw(havn't decided yet) - 10 points

signature move-10 points

blood drunk - 10 points

so only 5 points remain and not sure where to put them

so this is my def hybrid war build I think that putting points on weapon mastery rather then blood drunk at the beginning will be better but i'm not sure ,so please let me know if I'm doing it wrong and i would like some tips for improving my def hybrid war build :Dt

Prinny
09-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Personally I would take the 5 points in feint and push them all in battle hardened instead though this will require some training and untraining ;)
If you insist on keeping Feint, put 5 point in Iron Jaw or armour movement~

Than again I can't help but wonder why there is no Hamstring in your build although it might be fun to see a war that isn't using Hamstring at all though i would never go down that road myself ;)

oedi
09-19-2012, 01:33 AM
I all so want to rush master of arms skills without even touching the weapon skills
If you read the information on the master of arms skill youll notice a flaw in your plan.

Other than that ill just say that a major key to success is experementing, and your plan looks interesting. But I must admit that i agree with prinny, Id probably never build a war gladiator without hamstring.

hcdbh14
09-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Oh , well that changes my build a bit. ^^'
I'm not sure about Hamstring , it looks like a great skill if your building more offence war , but my war will mostly use tank/parry ( counter attack when the opponent is tried)
so I don't see how he will benefit from this skill

hcdbh14
09-19-2012, 03:13 AM
It would of been useful on my war if there was an hamstring event option in the strategy : /

Dainoji
09-19-2012, 04:15 AM
It would of been useful on my war if there was an hamstring event option in the strategy : /

There kind of is, later on you'll get a trigger like "I attack more" or something like that. This would presumably trigger after you hamstring the opponent assuming it slows him down enough to the point where you do in fact attack more. If you are tanking or using a low AL when you happen to hamstring him it likely wouldn't trigger.

Prinny
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Hamstring lowers the amount of attacks done by your opponent so in turn he gets less attempts to hit you so why wouldn't it see any good in defensive builds? ;)

hcdbh14
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
So I guess hamstring isn't such a bad pick I will go for battle harded too