View Full Version : Need help setting up my strategies properly

Firetrap
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm level 29, human using 2h rage

I've tried reading a guide but it didn't help me much :/

Any help would be great

oedi
09-12-2012, 09:53 AM
not that I can be of much help with rage gladiators, but I think that those who can would like more information. Like skill trains, stats, how you run him now, etc.

Firetrap
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Strength 69
Intellect 66
Agility 70
Stamina 68
Presence 59
chi 64

Priority/Activity level/Fighting style/Aiming/Defending/Blood lust
1: Start, 10 bash head torso 10
2: Opponent on ground, 10 Bash head torso 10
3: Opponent can't defend, 7 berserk head torso 10
4: Opponent is bleeding, 10 kill shot head torso 10
5: Opponent is trying to give up, 10 Kill shot head torso 10

Rage:
6 full trains in 2h
3 full trains in barrel attack
5 full trains in brute force
5 full trains in devastating power
4 full trains in blood drunk
5 full trains in sunder armour
2 full trains in armour movement
2 full trains in rampage
3 full trains in last stand

War:
1 full trains in feint
2 full trains in create distance

Theatrics:
4 full trains in called shot
1 full train in iron jaw

Narol
09-12-2012, 11:22 AM
First thing, train your weapon skill to level 10 as fast as you can and forget the other skills till it is done.

Don't lose training points on create Distance, it's almost never activated for a rage.

With a 2 handed weapon you will do big damage everytime you hit, so you can lower your bloodlust to something like 5-6 to raise the chances that your strikes hit the mark (higher bloodlust raise damages but reduce hit chances)

2 H rages are difficult to play as they usually don't get the initiative against other rages with faster weapons and get hit a lot by them before they can even strike once as they have no way to defend...

So your most important skill after the weapon one is Last Stand, as it will allow you to take back the initiative to give 1-2 powerful strikes and if you do enough damages that can be enough to win.

Personnally I have given up playing 2 H rage, their results are really too random... It all depends of the few big hits that you have a chance to deliver gets through the defense of the opponent or not...

Cynaidh
09-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I am guessing with those ability scores this is your first glad, to be honest its not going to do that well long term with ability scores like that.

Now for the short term I would simply run him:

Priority/Activity level/Fighting style/Aiming/Defending/Blood lust
1 Start 10 Berserk Weapon Arm Head 10
2 I Am trying to give up 10 Kill Shot Weapon Arm Head 10
3 Opponent is Rage 10 Berserk Weapon Arm Head 5

Berserk is the bread and butter style of the rage class, it gives you more attacks per round and faster initiative. 10 Activity and Blood lust so you get max attacks and max damage per hit. Priority 3 is ONLY used if you loose initiative to other rages most of the time by lowering your blood lust you will gain initiative (and since they are wearing leather armor you'll still do good damage per hit). The Priority 2 Kill Shot is in there as that will fire off when your last stand ability kicks in giving you a power shot to hopefully drop them.

As for your skills on this glad stop training everything else and focus on your weapon skill 2h, get it to 10 asap, its that good. Having 6 in the weapon skill one of the main issues i see with this glad.

Now for long term:
I'd replace this glad with a slave that has hopefully 80+ str, 75+ in agil, size, and pres once you see one come along (make it a sniveler too for more speed). Train weapon skill to at least 8 before you touch another skill, at 8 pick up brute force and barreling attack to like 5 each, then grab sunder armor to 5 also. After that take weapon skill to 10. Then start filling in the rest of the rage tree, you don't really need any skills from the other 2 trees as a rage.

Firetrap
09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
So keep training even if My chance is low?

They are my stats before mods and buffs from items if that matters :/