PDA

View Full Version : Stable Upgrade: Doctor and Game Effect

Arkham
01-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Much of the pay options in this game offer nice upgrades with benefits that improve the quality of the game without impacting the peak performance of your gladiators (minus equipment, but you have to pay the bills!).

The exception to this may the the 'Doctor'. A tooled up RAGE spec gladiator has several abilities that only fire on serious injuries. He may deal these injuries during the fight, or have them if a stable manager elected not to dole out the coin to patch him up.

Stable upgrades may prevent ever being able to deal a serious injury during. As far as I an see, this is the only direct 'make an opponents hard earned skill set less effective).

Can someone tell me if the doctor upgrade fires after a fight, or during (outright preventing serious injury)?

Blackwill
01-26-2011, 09:50 AM
That's a good question. From the description, it appears that the Doctor will help to prevent the serious injury from occuring during the fight (20% at level 1 of 3). If this is the case, then Devastating Power, Crippling Might and Total Carnage are all impacted by the presence of a Doctor in the stable.

To what degree remains to be seen, I'd imagine...

Arkham
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
That just feels wrong. I think I would prefer having the Doctor effects apply after the fight (The serious would is cured by the stable physician after the fight). This would at least give Rage warriors the opportunity to wound and then follow up on that wound during the course of a fight.

Blackwill
01-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Yes. Or, simply offer a significant reduction in the cost of the repairs.

Jaradakar
01-27-2011, 09:57 AM
I agree, it real seems like the Doctor should have a chance to heal serious injury's after a battle but not prevent them from happening mid battle.

Arkham
01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes. Or, simply offer a significant reduction in the cost of the repairs.

I think this is the best idea presented. I would e happy with either suggestion.