PDA

View Full Version : "Finishing Move"....Broken??

Blackwill
01-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Has anyone running a Theatrics fighter had any noticeable success using "Finishing Move"??

Amon Zuul has level 5, and is 70% to level 6, and I have yet to kill a single Gladiator in the arena since selecting it. There have been plenty of opportunities for the Enforcer to let me have the souls (he's 57-21-2, after all), but he always stops me before the last blow.

Those 2 kills were garnered prior to unlocking Finishing Move.

Jaradakar
01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
I've not invested in the skill yet. But I suspect you're opposing two other factors:

1) Presence
Determines how easily your gladiator can gain the favor of the crowd and thus be saved instead of being left to die when death draws near.

2) Ranks trained in Crowd Pleaser
Your gladiator is a crowd favorite and as a result you are paid more to have him fight in the arena. Your gladiator's popularity also decreases the chance the Enforcer will let him die.

Team Kaos
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM
How high is your Bloodlust? I wouldn't expect many kills if your running below a 7, even if trained in finishing move due to the reasons Jaradaker mentioned and others.

Blackwill
01-27-2011, 06:57 AM
I am sure that Crowd Pleaser and Presence play a part in determining who gets the thumbs up or the thumbs down, I'm just wondering if the higher tier skill might tip the balance a bit. Training all the way up to level 6 in Finishing Move (a tier-4 skill), and still not seeing any results whatever, is a bitter pill to swallow.

As for the Bloodlust, I am almost always set to go 9 or 10 when my opponent is either very injured or trying to give up, so I don't think that's the issue.

It could be that I have just fallen victim to ill-fortune when it comes to the roll of the dice, and the skill could work just fine.

So...can anyone offer any positive proof?

Jaradakar
01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Positive proof in this game is hard to come by ;-)

Logic would say that you should have better odds of killing Rage & War Gladiators as fellow Theatrics should have high Presence and are more likely to have Crowd Pleaser. So maybe start challenging non-theatrics?