PDA

View Full Version : Skill use question

Globulon
09-04-2012, 01:15 AM
What determines the successful use or trigger of a skill? For example if I have rank 10 create distance why would someone else have more success with it in a given fight than myself. Presumably it works off more than just the ranks.

Thanks in advance.

sevenseas
09-04-2012, 02:22 AM
i believe the answer lies in fight strategy and which glad has higher numbers in the stats that are needed for that skill, for example... I have a few rage glads that get eaten alive buy this one war glad, the only stats he has higher than me....strength and chi. So thats my theory. Vets, feel free to chime in and correct me here.

Dainoji
09-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Your fight strategies have a lot of influence with your fighting style being a big one. For example a rage gladiator who picks up create distance is only going to have limited success with it because rage glads don't have any defensive fighting styles and create distance is a defensive skill. Your opponent also brings food to the party, if it is a slow attacking gladiator then the number of chances for that skill to proc are lower than if you were fighting a speed rage.