PDA

View Full Version : To all newbies..

crow
08-15-2012, 02:18 PM
The forum board has been very quiet lately. I know there are quite a few new managers playing the game. Just wanted to know how everyone is enjoying the game.

Also I can't speak for the rest of the veteran managers, but I have been quietly waiting for the hall of legends, and new skill trees update to come out. Because of this me personally I have been in a holding pattern waiting for these so I can design new builds for new recruits that will enter my stable after the releases.

I do miss the days of checking the forums and seeing Warmonger, Apoca1ypse, Cynadiah, Oedi, Narol, Cainedesoulis, logged in for long parts of the days and giving me some info to digest throughout the day. And of course most people don't remember the days of Team Kaos and Dainjoli going at it on threads.

SJT
08-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi. I've been enjoying it very much (probably enough that if my boss found out...). Still catching up from some early mistakes I made, but I think I've started to get a handle on the skills (will obviously have to relearn them soon then) and how to build a glad (at least at the low levels).

The most frustrating thing for me so far is waiting for the right slave to come along... I still think at least one, possibly both the guys I have now are temporary until a better slave appears.

Apoca1ypse
08-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm in a bit of a holding pattern/hiatus atm. I still check the forums every 2-3 days just to see what's going on. I dont really have the patience to to tavern runs 2x a day for training points etc.

Powerleveling kinda killed it for me tbh. Sure, I think I was the first manager to power lvl a glad from 1-50 and had fun with it, but in hind sight, the whole thing was bad. The ability to max out your skills/stats, which a lot of other people ended up doing. For me at least, it feels like it cheapened the game experience. It also happened just when I had finally managed to claw a gladiator to the top. That combined with some RL issues has lead me to taking a break.

I too am holding out for the change to skill trees. I'm hoping they can get me interested in the game again.

sevenseas
08-16-2012, 02:40 AM
what is this ahh...power...leveling that you speak of?How does it work and why is it not that great?

Apoca1ypse
08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
When Nate originally released the ability to do extra fights, it was 1 trophy per extra fight. 100 trophies would give 200 training points if you had manager passes.

so, get a new glad, spend $80 and get yourself a lvl 50 glad with lvl 8 trains all round in a couple hours. smart people (ie not me) did this with their preexisting glads to finish their builds, or spend extra coin to max out a new glad.

Nate addressed this by making extra fights cost extra after a certain point.

axus
08-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't see how spending $80 all at once makes one a smart person :D Support the game without goin broke.

Apoca1ypse
08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
smart in that they spent money on maxing a preexisting lvl50 glad instead of just making a lvl50

Dainoji
08-17-2012, 10:59 AM
I can't say for sure, but that might have been planned to get more people into Primus and the blood games so there would be a lot more competition. I think before the change there were only a handful and after there were close to a 100.

Seraphim53
09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
It's ok; I'm here now. I can liven up any party.

Not really!