PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

SJT
08-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi,

I've been playing a few days now, and think I have a grip on the basics. I note from some of the guides a recommendation to level weapon skills up to 10 first. I was wondering how to best achieve that given that the percentage for success starts to drop away quite a bit around skill level 5 or so (I think my guys are OK, roughly 75-82 in the key stats for these skills). Should I increase stats? Or take the risk of losing training points?

Another question is what is the value in taking level 1 in skills? It seems very cheap to spend 1 skill point for the first level, given that the second level takes another 10 skill points.

I'm sure I'll have other questions later!

Many thanks!!

Dainoji
08-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the game! The first advice I would offer is to not think about it in terms of "losing training points", you aren't losing anything. A lost training point would be a training point that wasn't able to be used. Just like in life you don't learn everything on your first try, right? Over the course of your glads life he'll get thousands of training points.

Just keep pumping points into your weapon, you don't have to go to 10 right away if you don't want to but it's best to get it to at least 7 or 8 before training in other skills. If you are impatient you might be able to start training others skills as early as 6 if you want but a high weapon skill will increase your damage and chance to hit allowing you to increase your activity level which will give you more attacks.

Not sure what the value of each point is, but the higher the better! ;)

SJT
08-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Haha - thanks. Am now 1/5 training attempts at 74.6% success level...

sevenseas
08-14-2012, 02:17 AM
All of the poor points between lvl 9 and 10, don't remind me.....All of those blood red X's, all of the Clicking with out those beautiful green check marks....I just can't talk about it any more:(

SJT
08-15-2012, 09:26 PM
A couple more questions: do interim skill levels count? That is, is lvl 4 plus 60% to lvl 5 = 4.6, or is it just whole numbers? And what is the best way to increase my kill ratio? Increasing blood lust doesn't really seem to affect kills for me so far.

Many thanks!

Dainoji
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
A couple more questions: do interim skill levels count? That is, is lvl 4 plus 60% to lvl 5 = 4.6, or is it just whole numbers? And what is the best way to increase my kill ratio? Increasing blood lust doesn't really seem to affect kills for me so far.

Many thanks!

I don't think so a "4.6" is still a 4, but that's just my best guess.

If you want more kills a lot of factors go into that. Sedris's manager would be a good one to comment on that. A high presence I think helps, big damage is a plus which is helped by a higher blood lust, but basically if you can drop big bombs in a short period chances are you'll get more kills.