PDA

View Full Version : Weapon and Styles vs Armor Types?

Arkham
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Ok Nate. I don't need to know specifics. But I would like to know if there is any additional + or - to armor value measured against the type of weapon and attack used.

Do bashing weapons pwn plate and suffer a bit againt padded/hide armors? Are slashing weapons dissecting cloth, and scratching ring mail? Or at this time in the games development, is armor as good as its armor value?

Team Kaos
01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Not that I know anything, but from observation..I can say that edged weapons certianly do a great job at piercing and slashing through light armor and a decent job through medium, not so good cutting through the better medium or heavy armors.

I see a lot of glancing and bouncing off armor with edge weapons vs heavy armor. The better light armor seems ok vs maces and the like but gets crushed vs the large 2 handed weapons as does pretty much everything else. The low end leathers are asking for death vs the heavy weapons.

But that's just my observations...what do I know?

Nate
01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Hi Arkham,

Yes, weapon X behaves differently against armour Y and armour Z. They also have different crit tables again modified by the armour they are up against. Or maybe, just maybe it's a magic 8 ball that gets shaken on each hit and the result is returned....The magic 8 ball says "ask again later". :p

-Nate-

Arkham
01-24-2011, 05:14 AM
Thank you for the insight. It is nice to know the depth exists. Learning the details of that depth is the fun part.