PDA

View Full Version : Rage gladiator help!

vinnie2223
07-23-2012, 04:18 AM
hey,
Whats'upp all, i have a problem its about my dual wield rage gladiators:
both of my gladiators are experienced fighters and they kicked ass almost every battle and now ï've been battleing some gladiators and i noticed that my gladiators didn`t hit the opponent anymore as much as they used to and it isn`t bad luck or something cuz this happenend like a 100 times , i've been battleing with 2 war hammers with 1.5 speed and my agility is 70 % of the fights higher , i've been adjusting my fight strategy ever since but nothing works.
I really need your help.
i dont know what i have been doing wrong the whole time but could you all plz give me tips about what i must change to hit my opponent some more.
my stads are post below:

my attributes:
strength: 95
intellect: 66
agility: 97
endurance: 74
chi: 74
presence: 66
my size is 76

my skill tree:
weaponskill axe`s and mace`s 8 almost 9
barreling attack 2
brute force 7
last stand 4
armour movement 2
rampage 2
feint 2
called shot 5
create distance 2
blood drunk 4
sunder armour 6
devestating power 2

fight strategy:
A= activity level and BL = bloodlust level

1 start of fight A10 killshot BL 3
2 round 3 A7 bash BL 4
3 even numbered rounds A7 berserk BL 6
4 opponent attacks more A6 bash bl 3
5 i am very tired A2 killshot bl 4

my weapons are warrhamer speed 1.5 and darkwood chopper speed 1.2
and light armour.
hope to hear about all of you soon and i'll be happy to awnser any questions
have a nice day!

Apoca1ypse
07-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I think your activity is too high unless you're lvl 45+. try dropping it to 8.

also up your BL so you retain the damage. I'd suggest A8/BL8 for the start of your fight. keep an eye on your fights. if it says your glad stops their swing as they realise timing is off, dial down the activity.

the other reason may be that you have simply reached 'the wall' andyour glad is coming up against a block of other good gladiators and is finally getting a challenge (either from skill or superior armor)

tip for skills: i'd put more points into barreling attack, rampage and armor movement. shock and awe is great once you unlock it.

create distance wont help on offensive strategies as it wont proc. i'd also not bother with blood drunk or devastating power as they only help you some of the time. points would be much better going into armor movement or activated attacks to get them to proc more/better

vinnie2223
07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
hey acopolypse thx for the advice i tested it this afternoon and my glad is already hitting ppl much more than it used to.

Apoca1ypse
07-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Glad it helped :)

vinnie2223
07-24-2012, 03:08 AM
hey i have 1 question though should i upgrade my weapon skill to ten and if i do what`s the effect of it

Dainoji
07-24-2012, 04:53 AM
hey i have 1 question though should i upgrade my weapon skill to ten and if i do what`s the effect of it

Yes, weapon skill might be the most important skill in the game. It lets you hit harder and more often. Looks like you are already at 8 almost 9, so if you wanted to wait while you train up some other skills that is also ok. Most of the vets are split on when exactly to train to 10, some focus on nothing but their weapon until it is 10, others start training other skills once they have it around 7. Bottom line regardless of what you do you'll eventually want to take it to 10.

Apoca1ypse
07-24-2012, 04:58 AM
you want to do it sooner rather than later. means you hit a bit more often, and do a little bit more damage

vinnie2223
07-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, weapon skill might be the most important skill in the game. It lets you hit harder and more often. Looks like you are already at 8 almost 9, so if you wanted to wait while you train up some other skills that is also ok. Most of the vets are split on when exactly to train to 10, some focus on nothing but their weapon until it is 10, others start training other skills once they have it around 7. Bottom line regardless of what you do you'll eventually want to take it to 10.

o okay im now 9 and now im focussing all my training points on the weapon skill but i can`t say it goes smooth.

Apoca1ypse
07-24-2012, 10:17 PM
going from 9-10 on any skill will be slow going, but really it's not that bad. It used to be way longer back in the day, when it was 2 fights and 5 tavern runs per day per glad, and no memberships.

vinnie2223
07-25-2012, 02:58 AM
1 last thing tough,
im doing arena challenges and im kinda stuck with tiny avenger and i read that he was a war glad and now my question is:
is his attack type parry and stuff or does he use slash bash or lunge more often?

Dainoji
07-25-2012, 03:04 AM
It's been awhile but I think he might be tank n' spank

Alba Kebab
07-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Not sure if tiny avenger is on parry but he will hit you every round and use create distance almost every round if you are slow.

HipsterD
07-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Here's a useful link from Apoca1ypse: http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?924-Tier-2-Arena-Challenges

vinnie2223
07-28-2012, 02:19 AM
finally got my level skill to level 10 with both of my glads :D

vinnie2223
08-01-2012, 01:27 AM
now 1 question:
my agillity is now 134 but i can remember something before the updates the higher your agi the more time`s ur glad will try to hit his opponent but decrease`s the chance to hit the opponent.
is this effect still active or did it pass away since the last update?

Dainoji
08-01-2012, 01:32 AM
now 1 question:
my agillity is now 134 but i can remember something before the updates the higher your agi the more time`s ur glad will try to hit his opponent but decrease`s the chance to hit the opponent.
is this effect still active or did it pass away since the last update?

Not sure where you read that, but I have no knowledge of anything like that. I think you are confusing agility with activity level. More agility just makes you "more better". :) A high AL will give you more attacks but decrease your chance to hit which it why it's important to get your weapon skill as high as you can so you can start cranking up the AL to 10 and still land good hits.