PDA

View Full Version : The Hall of Legends

Nate
07-18-2012, 08:20 AM
There comes a time in every gladiator's life when the call of freedom is greater than the call of blood...As Master only you can decide if you think your gladiator deserves freedom and the glory of being forever honored in The Hall of Legends!

Not all gladiators are eligible for The Hall of Legends though, only those who have proven their worth can enter. Below you will find the requirements:

Must have reached the Primus bracket.
Must have greater than a 55% win ratio.
Must have 1500 total fights or more.
Must be level 50 or higher.
Not fighting in the Blood Games.

As a reward to Master's who's gladiators enter The Hall of Legends and thus their freedom, the Slave Masters will allow you to choose from their very best stock that rivals what they sell in the normal market until you've found a new slave to your liking.

CaineDeSoulis
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
My only question is will there be a list or ranking system that goes along with the hall of legends. I assume the gladiators entered into the hall will be viewable by all managers.

also i'm not quite sure what this sentance means

"the Slave Masters will allow you to choose from their very best stock that rivals what they sell in the normal market"

would we be seeing better quality slaves for entering our legends into the hall of legends?

crow
07-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Caine,
The answer to your question is yes. Better then normal slaves will appear on your slave market after entering a qualifying gladiator into the hall of legends.

Dainoji
07-19-2012, 12:51 AM
My only question is will there be a list or ranking system that goes along with the hall of legends. I assume the gladiators entered into the hall will be viewable by all managers.

This is a good question but a hard one to answer I'm sure because what truly makes a gladiator a legend? His win ratio? His ranking points? I think anyway they get ranked will be good for some and bad for others unless some rather complicated system is used that would likely require loads of data on all past fights which Nate may or may not have. In my mind win ratio is best as it scales well, but new glads with just 1000 fights might find themselves with better win ratios than those glads that have been battling in Primus for a few months or more. Ranking Points is a better gauge on who might truly be the mightiest but it can be gamed rather easily. Total wins might be another way to handle it but that would than favor older glads rather than better glads. My vote would be to use win ratio despite the fact younger glads might end up higher than older glads that have been around for awhile.

Garlic88
07-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Great idea, thanks Nate!

If you are concerned with newer glads having higher win ratios than older glads, you could raise the number of required fights.

Dainoji
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Personally I think the 1000 fight cut off is pretty good and maybe even on the high side if you do the math on how long it would take to get there. For someone who has the blood academy membership is would take about four months possibly a bit less with extra fight tokens that are found. For those not using the blood academy it would be more than eight months. Obviously we're talking about a hall of fame here where only a small percent of the players will reach but I kind of like the idea of being able to grab a premium slave, battle my way up the ranks again then perhaps start again if I have another idea for a build, but if it takes too long to do that it wouldn't be as interesting. Just my two cents.

Edit: Actually I'm neglecting to take into account fights you don't initiate...I suppose in that case it could happen much sooner, perhaps half the time, so you'd be looking at two months and four months. I guess if that were the case Nate could up the number of fights to something like 1500.

Garlic88
07-19-2012, 02:28 AM
A question: when you're looking through the 'premium slaves' would you still be viewing 3 at a time, paying a trophy for each refresh?

I think the requirements are actually a bit too easy to meet. My guy Spizzler already meets the requirements and i don't think of him as a top glad by any means (he's stuck at around rank 60-100 of primus). Maybe some criteria that at some point he must have reached the top 20 or something. I would say top 10 but that bracket is so dominated by a minority of players its not fair for the rest. I hope this update encourages some of the top 10 glads to retire.

Also it would be cool if these retired glads were to be put in a 'bank' of some sort so that at some point the very best can be called out of retirement if a new worthy challenger arises. Maybe with very strict criteria (like undisputed primus champion achievement) a new glad to summon one of the old guys out of retirement to fight!

sevenseas
07-19-2012, 03:17 AM
Shouldn't i get some kind of kick back for this idea eh?:cool: I've got another GREAT idea you boys and girls should love. It's called....Cream of the crop, or Stable consolidation, So you can transfer all of you fave glads from your different stables into one stable, maybe even allow for inter-player trading of trophs equipment or gold...I know you guys love it...Come on...gimme the cheese;)

Narol
07-19-2012, 01:03 PM
That's a nice idea, thank you Nate !

I hope there will be a way to see who joined the Hall of Legends, so that the memory of those heroes of the arena don't get lost !

I'm waiting after the next rebalancing to decide who's gonna go in retirement, but currently Larshamir and Amra are potentially on the way out as they are my only glads who ain't in the top 30...

Nate
07-20-2012, 03:31 AM
I've edited the announcement. Basically changing the requirment of 1000 fighs to 1500 fights and added the extra restriction of not being in the Blood Games. To answer a few question asked:

There will be a tab on rankings page to view the Hall of Legends where you can see overall and by specialty.

The current plan is to sort the Hall of Legends by win-loss ratio. I thought about using ranking points but if later on down the road the point system changes it would then affect the Hall of Legends inadvertantly.

After retiring a gladiator and visiting the slave markt everything will be the same with the exception that the slaves will be much better until you choose to buy one.

The Hall of Legends isn't meant to be a score board for the top 0.01%, it's meant to be a record of gladiators who are "Legends" and any gladiator who meets the above requirements will have undoubtably been talked about around the Great Realm. Within the Hall of Legends you'll obviousy have "Great" Legends and a few "meh" Legends. ;)

Gladiators that have been awarded their freedom can be persuaded to give up their freedom and fight for you again for a price.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Narol
07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
It's cool that you can convince them to come back into the arena for a price...

What would be even cooler, would be if anyone willing to pay that big price could get them in his team ! After all, they are free and can choose to fight for another team than their initial one if the money is good !!

HipsterD
07-22-2012, 05:56 PM
That's an interesting idea, but would probably have to be on a lease basis. Don't want to keep the original owner from ever accessing a glad again.

Nate
07-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Just want to give everyone a reminder that the Hall of Legends and retiring gladiators will be comming soon. I was hoping to have it ready by the end of the month but it looks like it might be a little bit after. If you have gladiators that you are thinking about retiring be sure they do not compete in August's Blood Games otherwise you'll have to wait until September 1st to retire them.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

CaineDeSoulis
07-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up :)

CaineDeSoulis
08-04-2012, 01:47 AM
oh hey just a quick question if we can retrieve the gladiators out of retirement will they be able to retired with their gear on? and another i just thought of with Signature Move being changed to a theatrics only skill. if I retired Sedris who has Signature Move 10 before the skill tree update how would that interact if i un-retired him after the update. For that matter will retired gladiators lose their skill trains entirely?... i cant think of a way for a gladiator to be retired and keep his skills that doesn't lead to some sort of abuse or skill violations. even with something like a hard reset where you get to put 100 skill points wherever you like in accordance with the rules of say 2 years from now. it would still lead to people retireing a poorly built veteran to redistribute his skill points and then un-retire that gladiator.

crow
08-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Nate,
We are all anxiously awaiting the release of the hall of legends. Sliver and Alpha II are old and ready to start a studding service :)

Nate
08-05-2012, 02:46 AM
All will be answered soon! ;)

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-