PDA

View Full Version : My Theatric - Advice and Notes

Chamaeleonx
06-28-2012, 03:30 PM
I started today and tried a theatric for my first glad.
Stats are as follows:
Strengh: 56 (raised by 1 so far)
Intellect: 62
Agility: 65
Stamina: 64
Presence: 64
Chi: 62

Size: 61

So far i got 4 in Weaponmastery, contiuing to build it.
I got a build for myself layed out in my imagination, so dont say that everything is completly bad.

I was going for:
~10 Weaponmastery
~10 Called Shot
~10 Signature Move
~10 Gratuitos Violence
~10 Show Off
~10 Heavy Scarring

Then either offense or defense:

Offense:
~10 Barreling Attack
~10 Brute Force
~10 Devastating Power
~10 Last Stand

Defense:
~10 Create Distance
~10 Armour Movement
~10 Death from above
~10 Hamstring

As far as i noticed, i red a lot about hitting an old wound in my fights recently, even if the enemy was lower level.
My idea is about using status effects, cc, and fast hitting weapons (dual wielding or with shield, dont know yet)
Of course im not sure about where to really get 10 points in it. I will see how it will work =).

For not im sporting:
Mainhand: Falchion
Shieldhand: Buckler
Armour: Medium Armour

I dont have a Shieldhand weapon yet so i will try that out then.

Fighting Strategy:
Activity: 6
Bloodlust: 5
Works quite well so far. Not sure if i should mention the other Fighting strategy aspects like style, defent and target. As far as i can say, its notthing "normal", from what i red in this forum.

My current score is 19/5/1, Level 8.
(Hate those 2handed guys .-. )

I would like to hear your opinion. But please, with style and high class. No stupid low class flaming =)

Greetings Chamaeleonx =)

oedi
06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
first advice: keep the ideas but get a new gladiator something with no less than initial cost 950 gold.
Second advice: go through your list off skills and check that you actually can learn them as a theatric, and change your plan accordingly. (some of the skills listed are other specialities only)
third advice: use this gladiator to try out many different things,and make your long termplan for your next and probably much more awesome roll.

Best of luck with your stable

Alba Kebab
06-28-2012, 11:11 PM
What Oedi said above.

You can't train hamstring, that's war class only.
Don't put too many ranks into barrelling attack and death from above, since your base strength is low, even at lvl10 you won't be able to knock many opponents down to use these 2 skills.
Devastating power will not be useful in every fight since not everyone will have old injuries on them for you to exploit, you can train it, but probably not worth it to go to lvl10 on this.

Also, remember max skill is 100.

Chamaeleonx
06-29-2012, 06:40 AM
I really appreciated your advices. Just noticed that there really is a specialization xD, thought you can train every of the 4th row skills from the other talent trees, thanks for telling me.
I know, the stats are wide spreaded and i got this one for starting so im really trying out things. I switched to Dual-Wielding to try the dmg and Winning Rate. Max Skill is 100, so 10 Skills on 10 Points. I saw that the new gladiators have higher base stats so i might train some guys, spare my money and then get someone that suits my build =).
So the shown attributes in the skills determine how much and how hard the gladiator use it?

I got a new glad and tried rage so i will see how far i can get. You get kinda much gold thou.

My Theatric is at 24/7/3 so far, doing quite good.

So i should get a gladiator with decent amount of stats, higher values at agility, strengh, presence and basicly the stats my skills are using?

I find Int really usefull so far while skilling, even if this might only be at lower Level (new glad got around 81 int o.o, so i just went for him).

Greetings Chamaeleonx =)

Chamaeleonx
06-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Can someone tell me what the fastest speed is?
I think that the lower numbers are fast and the higher numbers are slow, is that correct?

Garlic88
06-29-2012, 10:39 AM
If you're talking about weapon speed, 1 is slowest and 3 is fastest. makes a big difference in how many attacks you make but you may have trouble getting through tough armour/high defence with quick weapons.

Chamaeleonx
06-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Then i will stick to my double Falchion for now. Even if its around 1-3 attacks each round. Just dont like the idea of a fast, tiny knuckle trying to scratch an armored gladiator ;x.

Its my first and the stats are low anyway so i will just try and experiment =), so far its working really good. I rarely loose if i once got the upper head after a big hit to the head with bleeding and possible cc.
Everytime i see someone wielding a 2-Hand weapon i just hope i get some attacks in first, because he crushes me with one attack x.x.

Chamaeleonx
06-29-2012, 01:19 PM
I got up to 29/7/3, finally using Falchion and Saber of same dmg and speed (dmg per round and the base dmg range). Sadly you cant bleed your opponent to death so i lost like 3 kills through the enforcer ending the fight after they bled to death x:.
By the way, what are those 4 places beside the legs?

Skilling weaponmastery is a pain in the ass..., 50% Chance is just not fair -.-. I want higher int x_x... .

My other glad i recently brought has 81 int and im at almost 5 weaponmastery, while im still at 90% of success :/.

Alba Kebab
06-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Int allows your glad to learn skills faster, and also affects the few int-based skills, such as feint and sig move.
Before lvl20 there isn't a lot of heavy armor around so you can go fast if you want, just be willing to accept losses when you do meet the occasional armored can.

Chamaeleonx
06-30-2012, 04:39 AM
I just got crushed by Nightmare in the Challenges >.<. Never thought my gladiator would almost never hit him... .

Well, i got my first serious injury over the night while getting attacked. Right where i normally defend so im quite suprised.

As i said before, its a shame that you dont get bleed deaths if the enemy dies after the Enforcer stopped the fight. All three fights i got attacked ended like this and im still at 3 deaths :/.
Well 34/7/3 and Elite now o:. My enemy are usually up to 5 levels higher then me ( i guess highest was me ten my enemy 15 and i won)..., is that normal? xD

Highest bleeding dmg from 1 hit (hit itself was 23 dmg xD): 24 o.O

But its really annoying to skill. I cant move to the third row because i dont get my weaponmastery up (Chance: ~45%).