PDA

View Full Version : Daring to venture into rage tree with low chi

Garlic88
06-28-2012, 06:32 AM
I've just impulse bought a 1000+ g glad. As soon as i saw him I was instantly blinded by uncontrollable gibbering excitement and quickly snapped him up.

His stats are: 76, 70, 70, 76, 83, 69, 53. Immediately i thought, "big, strong, good stamina, offensive warrior. already got a dual wielder, ill make give him a big sword".

So yeah, current plan is to go for an offensive 2 handed glad. He is currently human, was thikning of eventually nip/tucking him into a trug.

BUUUT... when elation subsided, i noticed he's got pathetic chi. Is it even worth going into the rage tree with such a low chi? I'm not bothered that skills are slower to learn, but i heard if you have a low stat in the stat that was required to train the skill, the skill is less effective. And will this seriously affect the amount of damage im doing if my crits are gimped? Would i be better off taking up a pair of maces?

Cheers for any musings.

Alba Kebab
06-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Umm, did you make him war or rage? I have a big war with low chi as well, though not as drool-worthy as this, figured I won't need crits with a big weapon.
There isn't going to be much chi related skills for war apart from last stand, but not sure if that will become rage only with the future skill tree update...

Garlic88
06-29-2012, 02:29 AM
I made him a war. I did wanna go heavily into the rage tree and get overwhelming presence but i dont think ive got the chi to make the msot of it. Think im gonna go pure war

Kreegan
06-29-2012, 05:04 AM
You can't get Overwhelming Presence if the gladiator is not Rage - it requires 55 points in the Rage tree and you can't make more than 50 with a non-Rage gladiator. Same applies to the 4th and 5th tier skills of the other classes.

Garlic88
06-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Well spotted Kreegan, that's saved my brain a lot of work! Cheers