PDA

View Full Version : Gold for Trophies

Jaradakar
01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
A friend and I where talking about it...

150g for 1 Trophy per day. That totally works.

Any chance to increase this with even higher costs?

For example:

1st Trophy per day 150g (this is what we currently have).

2nd trophy per day 1500g.

3rd Trophy per day 3500g.

Granted I think very few would do the 3rd trophy, but I can see many doing the 2nd and it might provide an additional gold sink as well as increase the time it takes to save up trophies.

Anyway just a thought/suggestion a friend of mine were talking about and thinking it would be nice option.

Nate
01-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Hi Jaradakar,

As you know Trophy purchases are pretty much the only way the game can really support itself, so implementing your suggestion wouldn't be in its best interest and many things in the game can already be purchased for gold only so that is the compromise. If you are finding yourself light on trophies, I hear the Bank is open 24 hours a day (even on Weekends an Holidays) and has the best exchange rates in town. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

-Nate-

Jaradakar
01-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I understand your perspective you've obviously put a ton of time, blood and sweat into this game. It is after all very polished, quite fun and looks fantastic!

You've also made my 2am and 2pm a time I greatly look forward to. It's for that reason I had no problem dropping some cash to help support this game :-)

As my free time shrinks (kid on the way) having games like this that don't require a huge time investment will become more of my staple I suspect.

That said, from my perspective a typical game costs $50-60 and depending on the game provides varying amount entertainment. I've spend close to double that, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think after doing a fairly decent initial purchase that one can then dial back the costs and just enjoy playing the game.

Of course I know you're answer/argument will be that you totally can, just not with as many or often blues/purples coming in ;-)

Anyway I suppose time will tell if I'll be able to maintain my stable with my initial investment; I'm trying to save a fair number of trophies for rainy days and/or new upgrades that may tempt me. I'm also trying to make sure I trade in gold for a trophy every day. Overall after being burned by doing skill increases to a gladiator I eventually sold, I'm trying to be much more conservative with my trophy spending.

-Jara

PS: Overall I was not trying to suggest that you completely undermine your income source or that you should not be able collect some spoils for all your hard work, but more a means to make sure those that have invested are able to keep their enjoyment at a high level. Of course it's entirely possible that my fear is unfounded.