PDA

View Full Version : New Update Is Now LIVE!

Nate
06-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Greetings Pit Master!

Please see the list below for what changes and additions were be made:

FIGHT STRATEGIES

The unlocking schedule for when new strategy rows, triggers and fighting styles become available has been changed. When you log into the game you will want to go the Fight Strategy screen and adjust your strategies if your gladiator is level 30 or below as the options available to them will have changed and their Fight strategies have been set to default settings.

BLACKSMITH

Blue items can now be purchased with gold at the Blacksmith.
The Blacksmith only lets gladiators who are level 13 or above into the Chamber of Power.
The Blacksmith only lets gladiators who are level 25 or above purchase purple items.

ARENA

Arena Gate fights sometimes reward gladiators with exciting prizes for a win and always for a kill.
Challenge and Avoid lists have been expanded to include the 40 gladiators above and 10 gladiators below your current ranking.
Arena Challenge victories have an increased rate to drop blue and purple items.
The number of past fights kept on the "My Fights" screen has been increased to 10.

NEW ACCOUNT PAGE

Players now have the ability to verify and change the email address used to login on the Account Screen. Players who verify their email address will be rewarded with one free week of the Merchant's guild!
Players now have the ability to change their password on the Account Screen.

MISC

New Help Text available on each screen to assist players with questions they might have.
Brand new tutorial streamlined to help new players learn how to play and enjoy the game easier.
New registration page.

Apoca1ypse
06-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Yay, blue items for gold :D I like the little help icons for the arena etc :) quite nice

Is there a bug with repair costs now though? i did 1 fight with blarg (clad in purples) won 1200 gold, but the repair cost from that 1 fight is 5000 gold....

EDIT: Did arena challenge rewards also go down? Blarg got only 1 trophy for beating Armageddon. I thought he yielded 4 or so.

EDIT 2: Yeah, seems like arena rewards have changed. Just beat the sniveller too and it gave only 1 trophy. I did see that it also gave 12000 gold though. I guess rewards have changed to give more gold so people can afford blue items. Kinda nice idea. makes me sad that it'll make it harder to pay for my membership and autoheal :(

Kreegan
06-06-2012, 05:45 AM
I was about to ask the same thing. The repairs for a War fully clad in purple cost me 8k gold. :eek:. Hope this is not intentional, I'll go bankrupt overnight.

Garlic88
06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Overall positive changes. Something you neglected to mention however is now a kill in the arena gives an arena token, not a trophy. I think this is a big step backwards. Trophies are the most valuable thing in the game, and killing an enemy glad, whilst exciting in itself, was made all the more fulfilling by the reward of a trophy. Now its just another token and a green that will usually be sold. It's really a big part of the excitment away from arena battles for me.

HipsterD
06-06-2012, 11:58 AM
It's still a trophy for a kill. No change.

Ok, not unchanged. I have received both (on separate occasions) now for a kill. That's unfortunate turn of events.

HipsterD
06-06-2012, 12:02 PM
EDIT 2: Yeah, seems like arena rewards have changed. Just beat the sniveller too and it gave only 1 trophy. I did see that it also gave 12000 gold though. I guess rewards have changed to give more gold so people can afford blue items. Kinda nice idea. makes me sad that it'll make it harder to pay for my membership and autoheal :(

Sure looks like it. I did two challenges today at tier 5 and got 1 trophy per.

I also did the email confirmation, but did not receive my free week of membership:-(

Kreegan
06-06-2012, 01:57 PM
It's still a trophy for a kill. No change.

Ok, not unchanged. I have received both (on separate occasions) now for a kill. That's unfortunate turn of events.I'm also getting arena tokens for a kill. Could be another bug, like with the repair price.

HipsterD
06-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Also looks like you don't get trophy or token for a kill when matchup initiated by other than your own glad.

Dainoji
06-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice work on the update Nate, had my friend sign up for the game and they found their way through the new tutorial very easily and are enjoying it. I especially like the expanded challenge list, feels like the long arm of the law is at my command! One hiccup they had was on the bank page where the spinning green thing was at the top menu bar but they eventually scrolled up as saw it. Their resolution is pretty small, maybe 1024x768, so I had them zoom out using their browser so the majority of the game fit in the window and they liked that much better. Not sure how many players you have using smaller resolutions but you might want to let people know they can use their browser to zoom the game out so they can see more on the screen and scroll less.

In the last day's arena fights my glads have got green, blue and purple drops and quite a large increase in gold received for kills. I've also received trophies and fight tokens. Personally I like this much better as an unknown drop is more exciting to me than a known drop.

Arena Challenges are yielding TONS more gold now as Apoc also noticed.

Alba Kebab
06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I've just doubled my income from all the challenges my glads received after the update, but my highest lvl glad also ended up dead from been challenged by a much higher lvl opponent... I don't know what to make of it now, lol

Garlic88
06-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Another change not mentioned: tier 1 arena challenges are no longer rewarding a trophy (haven't checked tier 2-3) and you dont get any more trophies for killing them. Looks like my shopping sprees at the slave market are over.

Kreegan
06-08-2012, 04:15 AM
The trophies have become much rarer indeed - none from kills when your gladiator is the "attacked" one, even if you kill a gladiator by "attacking" him/her it may drop you something different from a trophy, the higher arena challenges drop only 1 precious and the tavern runs aren't more effective than before (i.e. about 1 trophy per day for all of my fighters). Given that you badly need membership at least in the Merchants' Guild if you have a gladiator in the higher brackets with mostly purple and blue equipment, it looks like there's a loooong stagnation ahead. Not sure that I like the idea.

Alba Kebab
06-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Good thing half my glads are theatrics then, whatever their performance, having a few theatrics do keep your income rolling nice enough.

Zangi
06-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I would like to insert my down vote for the unannounced change(or bug) to trophy acquirement in relation to my gladiators prematurely ending the lives of the gladiators of other people.

The Ponies of Equestria need to harvest more heads...

Hypro
06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
i think theres a glitch the blacksmith is selling purple items to me and i am only lv20