PDA

View Full Version : New Update On The Way!

Nate
06-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Greetings Pit Master!

Very soon an update will go live adding new features and modifying some old ones. This update IS NOT LIVE YET, another notice will be posted when the update is live. Please see the list below for what changes and additions will be made:

FIGHT STRATEGIES

The unlocking schedule for when new strategy rows, triggers and fighting styles become available has been changed. When you log into the game you will want to go the Fight Strategy screen and adjust your strategies if your gladiator is level 30 or below as the options available to them will have changed and their Fight strategies have been set to default settings.

BLACKSMITH

Blue items can now be purchased with gold at the Blacksmith.
The Blacksmith only lets gladiators who are level 13 or above into the Chamber of Power.
The Blacksmith only lets gladiators who are level 25 or above purchase purple items.

ARENA

Arena Gate fights sometimes reward gladiators with exciting prizes for a win and always for a kill.
Challenge and Avoid lists have been expanded to include the 40 gladiators above and 10 gladiators below your current ranking.
Arena Challenge victories have an increased rate to drop blue and purple items.
The number of past fights kept on the "My Fights" screen has been increased to 10.

TAVERN

Arena Fight Tokens can now be found as a reward for successfully completing contracts.

NEW ACCOUNT PAGE

Players now have the ability to verify and change the email address used to login on the Account Screen. Players who verify their email address will be rewarded with one free week of the Merchant's guild!
Players now have the ability to change their password on the Account Screen.

MISC

New Help Text available on each screen to assist players with questions they might have.
Brand new tutorial streamlined to help new players learn how to play and enjoy the game easier.
New registration page.

Apoca1ypse
06-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Blacksmith changes are awesome :D

Arena changes sound pretty nice too :)

Narol
06-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the Blacksmith's changes, that's very positive changes and will make the early game definitely more fair !

However I'm more negative about the possibility of challenging the 40 people above you because of the effect it will have on Primus : that will make even more possible for people playing multiple teams to launch mass challenge attacks against the isolated gladiator who climbed above them in the rankings... Maybe extending the choice only to the 20 above you would have been less brutal and enough to allow more choices for your challenges already...

For example, that means that the 9 guys I currently have in the top 50 of Primus will ALL be bble to challenge the owner of the Primus throne and 8 times a day each, for a maximum of 72 challenges just one day from my teams... And I only have 2 teams, some people have more !

Narol
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I realized afterwards that I didn't took into account in my example the possibility of using trophies to buy additional arena fights...

I hope the current interdiction to do so for the top 10 of Primus will be extended to the Top 50, or the situation will be incoherent !

Apoca1ypse
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
i think the extra challenge space is good.

I cant think of a way to explain this well, but to some extent some of the top glads (A) are there because their build is great above other top glads (B), but bad against lower ones (C). Because C cannot up challenge enough though, A only fights B, and stays at the top, somewhat stratifying the ladder.

If we broke it down to simple scissor paper rock, and say scissor got lucky and made it to the top out of reach of rock, they will stay there, beating up on paper, who they are good against. rock stays at the bottom because it cannot go against what it's good against and paper hangs out in the middle. Now, I'm not saying that that is what the game boils down to, but each class has traits that make it fall into this category somewhat. maybe this change will let war glads make a bit of a jump pass all the rage glads or something for example.

If someone with 4 stables is willing to invest the time taken to have 20 glads make a total of 160 challenges a day against 1 stable/player, i will a) let them b) wonder how they have so much patience/time

HipsterD
06-04-2012, 11:45 AM
The changes to Blacksmith is a massive step in the right direction. Thanks Nate!

CaineDeSoulis
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
TAVERN

Arena Fight Tokens can now be found as a reward for successfully completing contracts.

I'm just about 99% sure we can already do this?

ARENA

Arena Gate fights sometimes reward gladiators with exciting prizes for a win and always for a kill.
Challenge and Avoid lists have been expanded to include the 40 gladiators above and 10 gladiators below your current ranking.

hooray I'm slowing turning team zombie into a kill stable anyway but I am intrigued by the thoughts of exciting prizes :)

The challenge list changes don't really bother me 2 much. sounds like fun actually. fighting gladiators i dont get to fight often would be a great change of pace :).

BLACKSMITH

Blue items can now be purchased with gold at the Blacksmith.
The Blacksmith only lets gladiators who are level 13 or above into the Chamber of Power.
The Blacksmith only lets gladiators who are level 25 or above purchase purple items.

Great! love these changes should make alot people smurfs ^_^ and also I can spend all them gold pieces on something finally. to be honest i'd love a cool gold sink for the end game tho. a slot machine mechanic or something to spend this 1.1millon gold on >.<.

MISC

New Help Text available on each screen to assist players with questions they might have.
Brand new tutorial streamlined to help new players learn how to play and enjoy the game easier.
New registration page.

going to make a new account just to see all these changes lol :)

Narol
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Well, maybe I'm just getting paranoid... (But only paranoids survive ! )

We'll see in practice how the new challenge rules work out in the already ultra-competitive Primus Arena and what effect they have on the rankings... I have the feeling that this rule change will make the creation of stable alliances even more necessary !

And I forgot to say, getting rewards for arena fights and kills sounds great !!

Dainoji
06-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Looking forward to the updates Nate. I think Caine is right, fight tokens already drop in the tavern. :)

I agree with Apoc, most glads in the top 10 aren't there because they are the best, they are certainly good, but they are more protected from the rest of Primus more than anything. My glad Pharaoh sits toward the bottom as a defensive tank, but the majority of the time when he gets randomly matched up with a glad at the top he wins because they aren't prepared for a tank. Opening up the challenge list will make it so truly only the best are up at the top!

oystein
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Nice changes. i need them....! :p

Apoca1ypse
06-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Judging by the pit being closed for maintenance, I'd wager that the sands are being cleaned up after the latest fights and the updates are about to go live :)