PDA

View Full Version : Blood Games Expanded and Entrance Fee Lowered!

Nate
05-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

As you have no doubt already noticed the Blood Games have been expanded to include the top 200 gladiators in the arena and the entrance fee has been cut in half! Enjoy the Blood Bath!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
06-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Not sure if this is the right thread for such a question but I don't want to open a new one. I have three gladiators which are eligible for free-of-charge entrance into the Blood Games and today I see that all of them are already participating. I haven't signed for this competition because I don't think my fighters are trained and equipped well-enough to fight the top performers just yet and additional daily serious injuries and repairs may be too much for the stable's budget, even with Merchants' Guild membership. The question basically is - does a gladiator enter the Blood Games automatically when he crosses the free-of-charge border and if yes - is there a way to "unsign" them from the games?

Narol
06-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Yes, it's explained clearly in the message you got about the Blood Games Invitation that you have to go to the menu Arena ---> Blood Games and opt-out (only for those 100 getting free invites, the next 100 have to opt-in) if you don't want to participate.

Sadly, it's too late now, you can do it only on the day the invite is send. Now your gladiators are stuck in the Blood Games until the end of the month and you cannot even sell them.

Sorry that you got that problem, my advice would be to invest in Auto-repair and Auto-Heal for the month, to keep your gold if you are afraid to run short of it... Or upgrade your armory/healer if you can afford.

Kreegan
06-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Bummer... I'll handle the repairs but the injuries might be too much to handle - I already spend 5-10k gold per day for healing. Plus one of these three gladiators was supposed to be sold immediately after some capable slave popped up in the market... But at least now I have free resurrections for one month.
Wouldn't it be better to decide whether your gladiators should participate in the games by agreeing when you are sent an invitation than declining the invitation? I suppose the current mechanism is supposed to ensure that at least some gladiators will participate even if their manager is away and misses the message at the end of the month but it doesn't really help the unwilling participants who can also skip the said message.

oedi
06-02-2012, 01:22 AM
I suggested an opt in button instead of the current opt out button just before last months tournament, and I dont think I got a single response. Hopefully we can have a debate on the subject this time. My angle was that i thought it to be to many inactive gladiators qualified. Cynaidh was kind enough to opt out his gladiators this time, but we havent been so lucky earlier and we might not be so lucky in the future.