PDA

View Full Version : Character artwork

Head of Black Bushido
05-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Right now, there is 6 images for characters: Human:male rage, Human:male war, Human:male theatrics, Human:female rage, Human:female war, Human:female theatrics. So why is it that there are no Urk:male war, or Snivler:female theatrics, so and so. It just constantly bothers me, and It probably seems that someone else has noticed it too.
This came to my attention when i got to 'The Butcher'. This stunning image of a giant clad in red armour, cool whether it was his opponents dried liquids or he painted it like that, it just got me thinking: so many cool images of different characters in the AC's, why is it not a varied artwork set when I get to Snivelsarausre's, who is a mi-git Snivler carrying a knife and a freaking 4 foot sabre, and all I see is skulls and one trident.

Although I still love the artwork and the game, it just seems odd.

Any stable masters with good Ideas please submit

Glory to the Black Bushido

Alba Kebab
05-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Good idea, but someone will have to draw them, and artwork like that takes time.

Nate
05-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi Black Bushido,

Thanks for your suggestion. The answer to your question is actually quite simple. Like most things in life it comes down to a budget. The art for Pit of War is of the highest quality and comes with a similar price tag. We could have art made for all the race/specialty combinations at a much lower quality and price but that isn't acceptable to me and I only want to give you guys the best art possible as you've come to expect from Outcast Games. When our budget allows for all the combinations I promise we'll make them! I'm just as excited as you to see what a Raging Snivler would look like, or a female Elaar Theatrics gladiator!

To give you an idea how a piece of art goes from start to finish so you can better understand the process of what is involved, it starts with a lot of brainstorming and then a concept artist will start drawing a lot of different ideas and after a lot of back and forth a final design is agreed upon and then it is tranformed into a full color finished piece by the concept artist or in our case a different artist who specializes in digital painting. This process can sometimes be as quick as a week or as a long as a month. I'm a stickler for detail and quality so there has been many a groan from an artist as I send candidates back for revisions, but the final result is well worth it, and I think that is one thing everyone agees on.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Alba Kebab
06-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Aye, the artwork on this game is awsome, I know they take a lot of time and work(and price), this isn't your mass-market cheesy anime stuff that you can outsource to a bunch of 18yr olds in China to scratch out for you in just 2 or 3 days.

P.S. I have a female Elaar Theatrics glad right now, and she's high agility too...woo the anticipation...

Head of Black Bushido
06-02-2012, 02:08 AM
To Nate

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I actually wasn't surprised with your comment, because things like artwork as impressive as that, would, take a lot of time. And manga probably wouldn't suit this type of game anyways.

Tis a bummer though, cos when I started playing, I wanted to be able to draw things just like those pictures in this game. Now that I realize all the effort that all these guys make, it would seem like a big task. All in all, thanks for the heads-up, and all the luck and better in anything you do. Hope the the rest of your day goes well too.

Glory to the Black Bushido