PDA

View Full Version : Tavern quests

Garlic88
05-28-2012, 06:56 AM
I was just thinking about ways to make playing the game more enjoyable day to day. I think the fighting engine in the game is brilliant, but one area that could be developed is the tavern quests. I think the tavern quests could do with being a bit less repetitive., fewer in number (5-10 a day) and more varied. At the moment it is simply about banging clicking on the accept, scrolling down to the bottom, and clicking search, and you gotta do it 100 times a day... And they are a bit easy.

I was thinking, maybe have some quests that you've got to think about accepting or not. For example, venturing into a cave, and fighting 3 enemies, one after another with no chance to recover your health or endurance. I.e once the first fight is over, follow the link to the next fight, and fight the next guy starting with the health/endurance you had from last fight. If you lose there's a good chance you die. But maybe give better chances to find blue items, or trophies.

Or maybe a different kind of quest altogether, that uses stats such as intelligence, presence etc to solve puzzels, or influence the number/strength of baddies you have to fight.

Also, it would be nice to have a 'wise old man' or 'tavern drunk' character that you can buy drinks for, and in return he gives you vague tips about the game mechanics. Could help new players get into the game more without having to ask on the forum and get specific answers from teh older players. Would half-unravel some of the complexities of the game whilst still keeping its mystery (one of its strong points i believe)

Just a few thoughts!