PDA

View Full Version : Readdressing Endurance and Passing out.

Dastot
05-25-2012, 07:22 AM
Now hands up, how many times have your Gladiators hit so hard or so much that the foe has only 1HP left, hasn't been able to even touch you, yet win because you run out of Endurance. I have, many times, and even with a Gladiator with a ton of Endurance and VERY LOW AR/BL...

This, losing at loss of all Endurance isn't "Fair" or "Correct" in terms of gameplay or even for the long reach of Realism. Think about when you yourself are running low on Endurance, you lose steam, you slow down, you rest for a bit and your good to go again, you never pass out automatically, even more so your body doesn't let you naturally...

The Suggestion is that the Gladiators don't Pass Out, they just stop moving, they fall to a knee for example and take a breather, they regain Endurance and poke that fool that's bleeding and on one HP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

In otherwords, When really low, they pause and regen some endurance, you can get them to push through that barrier if you think you need to but having a battle last LESS THEN A MINUTE and losing due to having all your endurance run out and them on Low HP shouldn't happen...

That or if your Gladiator is winning and they are doing nothing, the Enforcer calls the end and the one who is winning WINS. Gladiator Fights are about Blood and Death and FIGHTING, not standing there doing F-All until the other guy falls down...

Dainoji
05-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Managing resources is a pivotal element in a strategy game. Endurance is one of your resources. If you are passing out you are doing something wrong most likely and need to figure out how to fix it using the tools available to you such as your gear, your build and your strategies. Running a guy out of gas is also a strategy employed in the arena by defensive glads, so your suggestion would nerf an entire build albeit a minority at the present due to defensive glads having a harder time at the upper levels.

Instead of fighting the system figure out how to work within it and you'll find you have a lot more fun and success. If your glads are passing out one of the best things you can do is increase your weapon skill as this will help you defeat your opponent quicker, upgrade your weapon as that will allow you to deal more damage, and lower your AL and BL and if you are running Berserk you might consider switching to Bash as Berserk burns though endurance at a scary rate.

Trust me, with 1000s of fights under my belt endurance is the least of your problems as you try and design a strategy to beat all builds!

Welcome to the arena!

Dastot
05-25-2012, 05:39 PM
A friend had his Glad set to 2/2 of AR/BL and also at Counter Attack. Collapses from Lack of energy...

Something like this though shouldn't mean the other person wins...

GIKLEII moves swiftly about.
GIKLEII takes a novice jab with his URKEN TRIDENT.

GIKLEII
HP: 201/254
Edn: 2/55

PIZZICA
HP: 6/384
Edn: 28/73
Bleeding: 3

GIKLEII tries to fake PIZZICA out with a few twirls of his weapon! (-Feint-)
The blow lands on PIZZICA's ribs with trivial force. (+15 Damage)
GIKLEII doesn't have the energy to continue fighting.
The fight lasted 1 minute & 55 seconds!

I do 15 damage and they bleed for 3. Thats 18Hp loss. HEALTH Should be checked before Endurance at least, I mean come on, they have no Health left yet they win because my Glad runs out of Endurance. Where was the Enforcer then???

IF ANYTHING, CHECK HEALTH STAT BEFORE ENDURANCE STAT...

Nate
05-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi Dastot,

Thanks for your suggestion and welcome to the game. Endurance is one of the more difficult nuances for new players to get a handle on as they are learning the ropes. I'm currently in the middle of doing a balancing pass and endurance might make its way into it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Hypro
06-04-2012, 05:06 AM
i agree with dastot about checking health before endurance and also when doing powerfull critical hits that reduce the guys life by huge percentages and does huge damage that should make the guy lose endurance faster aswell if you think abou i realistically it makes sense