PDA

View Full Version : Another Should I Buy This Slave Thread

WheelDraw
05-21-2012, 01:32 AM
65-86-73-74-59-61-69

Valued at 963 gold which is the highest I've seen (I'm still very new) but the only stat that sticks out is intellect. If you do think this slave is worth buying what should I try to do with him? I'd have to either sell a pretty good 2-H rage or upgrade the stable with trophies (which I'm probably willing to spend but aren't unlimited for me either).

Kreegan
05-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Better don't - apart from his Intellect, he's pretty mediocre and knowing advanced mathematics won't help him against dumber but physically much fitter gladiators.

Alba Kebab
05-21-2012, 06:15 AM
If you were looking to upgrade space for a third glad anyway you might as well grab him, good slaves aren't that frequent in between, you don't know how long you'll have to wait for one to show up.
My 2nd glad's starting stats are low 70s and lower than this guy, but he's rocking a great record so far, granted he's only lvl25 so I dunno when or if he'll hit a wall in the future or not.

But if you'd rather have a good slave first before you upgrade your stable, then wait.

Narol
05-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Intellect is a very important characteristic, often underestimated... He also has correct agility and stamina, and his strenght is not catastrophic...

Personnally I would have kept him and made him a counterstriking theatrics, his low size giving him a defense bonus...As Alba said, good slaves aren't that frequent !

Kreegan
05-22-2012, 04:01 AM
70 points of Intellect are enough for any speciality, in my opinion. More than 75 usually hurts some combat stat and more than 80 is TOO high. I had had several smart gladiators and eventually sold them all because their high Intellect came at the expense of something that could help them fight better and their performance became mediocre at best once they entered the higher brackets. My current top performer (he's in Primus) is the dumbest gladiator that I've ever had - 62 base Intellect and he's a War, i.e. the speciality that needs Intellect the most. His combat stats on the other hand...

Apoca1ypse
05-22-2012, 02:59 PM
High intelligence is great for War glads.

That said, I run a stable of knuckle draggers with a combined IQ of 1 so anyone seems brainy compared to them :P