PDA

View Full Version : Berserker Vs Kill Shot

Jaradakar
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
What's the differences between these two stances?

Kill shot by name would seem to imply a finishing kill swing. But that's not a ton of information.

Berserker, I can imagine and have a better idea (high endurance use, hit hard, little care for self injury, etc). Of course I have no idea what applies to this game per say.

Anyway, if a beta tester would respond with any additional information, I'd love to hear it (even if it's just theory).

Arkham
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm no beta tester. I've never run Kill Shot. I started using Berserk because it seemed a style that was not weapon dependent. If my Rage warrior dropped his 2h flail and picked up a 2h sword, bash would make him look like an idiot. Berserk solved this.

I can postulate that berserk aims for quantity over quality, and kill shot is the reverse. It would be nice to have some description to the effects of the mode.

Dainoji
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Arkham is probably right, based on the description that the strategy page gives you - "Now listen to me, build up all your power and then release it all at once and bring the guy down!"

Jaradakar
01-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Cool, thanks for that! I missed the strategy line text and was mostly just mousing over the styles but the description in the tool tip is very light and does not really give enough information. Very helpful, thank you guys!

Blackwill
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I've set Kill Shot on numerous fighters, and have never seen it used with any great effect. Berserk, on the other hand seems to be very effective at dealing out massive amounts of damage early in the fight. The lack of defense on that one, however, is a major drawback. I just ended up selling my guy Incabulos because he couldn't stay alive long enough using Berserk....Beerfat took him out for the last time this evening.

Blackwill
01-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Let me clarify that last post :)

I didn't sell Incabulos because he had a losing record (33/37)....I sold him because I couldn't afford to keep healing his numerous Serious Injuries (usually one or two every other fight) and bringing him back from the Dead (usually every other fight) :)

Rage gladiators are an expensive lot to keep running, unless you're clad in Epics. Particularly if you opt for the Berserk technique.

Jaradakar
01-26-2011, 10:42 AM
So far from what little experimentation I've done, it's key for a Rage gladiator to have high Agility to help offset his offensive stances.

Arkham
02-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Does anyone know if Kill Shot suffers a defensive penalty? Much like Blackwill, I am seeing my 2 young rage gladiators suffering rather LARGE #'s when they get hit and are berserk.

Blackwill
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
That's a good question. The technique description doesn't indicate a defensive penalty, and I only use it when my opponent is low on health or trying to give up, so I haven't been in a position to "track" my results compared to straight bash/slash/lunge.

For what it's worth, though, I have never successfully used Kill Shot in battle.....all of my hits while it is in effect have seemed to be normal, run of the mill hits. Nothing special about it at all, and it may be wise to choose another tactic.